Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the cobalt rust proofed next week....
Been told good and bad..
One bad thing I've been told everybody that works on your car from then on hates you...but I'm the only one that really does...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I always get mine sprayed and it's not that bad to work on just a bit oily.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Not a year a month or two at the most I'd say. Although if you get car washes at a drive through was it'll be off faster.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope she don't see car washes....only hand wash and maybe once in awhile a power wash...if I do it's through the touchless car washes.....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Really even in the winter.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Do it. Its irresponsible of you not to :cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup got it done an very happy with the work done
Paid a bit more for this place but they came highly recommended..an see why. Very good work...
Smells like kerosene and WD 40
An yup hand wash her in the winter time but not as much.....lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine is showing some rust but the undercoating brings it to basically a stand still. They say to pressure wash the bottom of your car every spring, let it dry then reapply to get off any salt that's trapped. I never have and never had a problem. Mind you I've never kept a car longer than 5 years

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2009 no really rust to speak of...but the start of inside the doors ya could see it trying to take hold.....just light surface rust ya could say....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Have to take it back every 4 years for a check up touch up...$15......

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a different type of rust proofing....it doesn't set it's very sticky oily stuff..
Was told the paint type under coating comes off in a few years an helps rust out
It will stop it temporary but takes off in few years...this stuff here can't under spray through car washes or power wash underside...an have take it back ever so often for a check up and cost me $15 to have it if need reapplied...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.