Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I blew the engine on my cobalt yeah it sucks so the only thing I can do now is buy a new engine so if any one know where I can find one I need a 08 2.4l cobalt engine.

·
Registered
441 Posts
if its an 08 how did u blew it already ? no disrespect im just curious u had to have some seriouos mods done ? or something was not hooked up right. engines dont just blow that quick or do they ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
makes me scared to boost mine :/

·
Registered
441 Posts
i wounder would the ss s/c have the same problems with 2 much boost if thats the case. id only go up to 10psi screw going over lol im scared now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It had 39498 miles on it and I had a turbo pushing 8 psi and a full exhaust. And I don't know how it already blew I still can't believe that it did.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I really don't know why it blew I took off from a stop sign made the turn shifted into 2nd gear and boom.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sounds like detonation to me, if everything else was setup right.... 8 psi shouldn't blow "just like that".

Either way OP, I'm guessing your looking for an LE5? Your best chance to get something with a decent price is your local wreck yards, but while you're at that why don't you go for a LSJ or even an LNF?

Good luck man and it sucks that things like that happens.

·
Registered
236 Posts
so is superchargin safer?
sorry for thread steal it just relates to this

·
Registered
911 Posts
the vvt one has varible valve timing...I know that on the 2.2 engine it gave it 7 more hp than the non-vvt...not sure how much different it would be on the 2.4

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.