Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe, 2.4L motor. I have done some research and I am led to believe that this is the same motor that is in the 2007 SS, sans sc. Is this correct?

Right now it is bone-stock, and I am looking to get a couple of bolt-ons right now (exhaust, intake) but I need to be sure of the motor first. I am looking all over the place online but everytime I enter 2008 for the model year my only option for engine size is 2.2, so I was wondering if I can just use 2007 SS as my model when looking for parts.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not an answer, but another question. I'm having a problem of parts saying they're for only 05-07 LS but I have an 08 ls. I assume its the same, so I'm going for it. But I'm ordering an exhaust in a couple hours and would like to know for sure if there'd be an issue.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

welcome btw!

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
I have a 2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe, 2.4L motor. I have done some research and I am led to believe that this is the same motor that is in the 2007 SS, sans sc. Is this correct?

Right now it is bone-stock, and I am looking to get a couple of bolt-ons right now (exhaust, intake) but I need to be sure of the motor first. I am looking all over the place online but everytime I enter 2008 for the model year my only option for engine size is 2.2, so I was wondering if I can just use 2007 SS as my model when looking for parts.
Your 2008 is not an SS. IT is NOT the same motor.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Not an answer, but another question. I'm having a problem of parts saying they're for only 05-07 LS but I have an 08 ls. I assume its the same, so I'm going for it. But I'm ordering an exhaust in a couple hours and would like to know for sure if there'd be an issue.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

welcome btw!
It's the same. Those parts should work.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

its the same as the ss that came with the 2.4 dont get anything for the ss with the 2.0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that it is not an SS :amuse:

I just wanted to make sure that the motor is the same as the 2007 SS with no supercharger. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
866 Posts
2.0 LSJ SS/SC (supercharged)
2.0 LNF SS/TC (Turbocharged)
2.2 L61 (Ls, Lt's,Ltz's etc..) N/A)
2.2 LAP (Ls, Lt's Ltz's etc..) N/A)
2.4 LE5 SPORT Not "SS" (Not Supercharged)
Lol exactly my point. He asked if the engine in the 2007 SS non supercharged is the same as the 2008 sport...

·
Registered
63 Posts
SS Naturally-aspirated

Chevrolet introduced a naturally-aspirated Cobalt SS in the fall of 2005, as a 2006 model available as both a coupe and sedan. It featured the 2.4 L LE5 Ecotec engine with variable valve timing, making 171 hp (128 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 163 lb·ft (221 N·m) at 5000 rpm, later upped to 167 lb·ft (226 N·m) at 4500 rpm. The LE5 engine was new for 2006 and was introduced on both the FWD Delta platform and RWD Kappa platform. For the 2006 and 2007 model years the car was called SS, or "1SS", but was replaced with the moniker "Cobalt Sport" for 2008 with the anticipated introduction of the turbocharged super sport car later on in the model year.
hope this helps a bit :amuse:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I know that....But it is not a "SS". It is a "Sport"

DO NOT search for parts that has anything to do with "SS" Your car is not an "SS" It's a "Sport"

Look for mods for a the 2.2/2.4
its still the same as the ss/na... doesn't matter that its a sport

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
2.4L are all the same...the RPO code should be: LE5

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.