Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have sap on my windshield that my windshield cleaner plus a lot of elbow grease (and cursing) just cannot budge. It's on the wipers also so i think they may be shot (brand new of course).
Any ideas? I can't think of any more creative curses to scream.
Time and elbow grease got rid the sap on my car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I used rubbing alcohol and a green scrubby on my Grand Am I had before my Balt and worked perfect

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
On the windshield just scrape it off with a razor blade. takes about 5 seconds. then follow up with some adhesive remover. I do this all the time at work and it works great. DO NOT use a razor blade on paint though. then just use adhesive remover alone.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We used to use a razor blade to get off the paint on the windshields that said 2.9% finance or whatever..... It won't hurt just saying

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
There's nothing wrong with using a razor blade on the glass. I've done it too many times to count because of decals, etc... If you hold it at a steep angle like Blaze said, and only push hard enough to get under and move it, you won't scratch the glass.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Razor blade (I would wet the window down with some type of glass cleaner first tho)

and an ultra fine steel wool.

Neither of these methods will harm the window. Perfectly safe.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
easy. scrape it off with a razor, then rub off the residue with paint thinner on a rag. same goes for paint except with paint you have to be very careful with the razor, just take off the bulk with the blade and the rest will come off with thinner. paint thinner will not damage the paint.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Razor blade (I would wet the window down with some type of glass cleaner first tho)

and an ultra fine steel wool.

Neither of these methods will harm the window. Perfectly safe.
easy. scrape it off with a razor, then rub off the residue with paint thinner on a rag. same goes for paint except with paint you have to be very careful with the razor, just take off the bulk with the blade and the rest will come off with thinner. paint thinner will not damage the paint.

all of this.

people with experience are all agreeing to the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
There's nothing wrong with using a razor blade on the glass. I've done it too many times to count because of decals, etc... If you hold it at a steep angle like Blaze said, and only push hard enough to get under and move it, you won't scratch the glass.
This is true, I used a razor blade to remove one of those rear window things from the back window of my truck and scratched the crap out of the glass. You need to be careful with blades and glass.

Green pad and rubbing alcohol will work on minor stuff.

·
Registered
441 Posts
haha new windshield FTW

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.