Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 7 speaker Pioneer system will receive Sirius or do I need to add a receiver? It seems like it has some Satellite related controls on the faceplate, but there is no antenna on the car. If so, how would one go about activating Sirius/XM? This is on a 2007 SS

·
Registered
674 Posts
you know, I don't know why no one has chimed in. This is a very good question. My 07 G5 has the radio controls for satellite, and also no roof receiver. Maybe just need to buy the receiver and plug it in to the back then call them? I dunno. I too would like to know the answer.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know, I don't know why no one has chimed in. This is a very good question. My 07 G5 has the radio controls for satellite, and also no roof receiver. Maybe just need to buy the receiver and plug it in to the back then call them? I dunno. I too would like to know the answer.
Same here, no roof antenna on mine either. I have read on the intraweb that the radio may need flashed to use with XM, but I would really like to know. I will ask at the dealership this week, my car is in for font end repair.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If no answer, I have an appointment at the dealer to get TST applied to my front clip. I'll ask then!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with the dealer...not good news! Apparently, it would run in excess of $1000 to install an antenna and a trunk module plus reprogram the head unit just to receive XM. I'm gonna get a second opinion at the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate. I can't even get the XM band to come up on my HU. The only variable here is that the parts guy mentioned that this option would have to include OnStar also...but I don't see why? I just want XM.

I really would like to have XM, but only if it was integrated into the HU...don't want any external receivers hanging on the dash.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that doesn't seem right, the price is probably closer to around 200 bucks with 800 in labor you know?
Yeah, really! I'm kinda depressed...I would have liked to try XM!

·
Registered
674 Posts
bump! Someone on here has got to know the trick... I could see a radio reflash... maybe this weekend I'll pull out my radio and look for an XM hook up for the antenna and then talk to the dealer for a reflash, I'm sure you could buy just the antenna somewhere and run it yourself, and then with a little silicone put it on the roof and make it look factory without drilling holes

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
I don't know, I bought my 08 SS and it had the Xm radio already in it with a roof antenna. now I'm not sure if that is for the onstar or the XM too

·
Registered
139 Posts
your best bet to get integrated satallite radio would be to buy an aftermarket head unit and the nessecary xm or sirius receiver to match it. I got my pioneer premier deh-510ub for about $200 and the xm receiver for it was about $100.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.