Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much thought and consideration, I have decided to trade my Cobalt in on a 2011 Cruze LS. We have a baby now and my two-door coupe is just not cutting it for us - time to move on. I will surely miss my Cobalt :noworry:

Just wanted to drop by and say that it's been fun being a part of these boards for the last year and a half:)

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Cruze's are actually pretty decent upgrade lol, got any pics? I actually have my eye on a dark red lt Cruze by my house...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get some pics up tomorrow after I pick it up. It's silver if that helps. Just a base model. Nothing too fancy. It's a 6-speed manual so it's actually pretty fun to drive because it handles like it's on rails in comparison to the Cobalt. Not the fastest or quickest accelerating car, but it's got some pep to it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
well that's cool man! I wouldn't buy a cruse (since I've done so much to the balt and my next car will be something a little nicer) but they do intrigue me and I would love to test drive one just to see how it feels. It's a decent looking ride, and I bet it's pretty economic too! Better show us some pics etc. when you get it!

PS any mods expected on it?!?! DO IT!!!

I say TURBO UPGRADEEEEEE!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA!

Since this is my DD, I won't be doing any crazy mods. Mostly appearance mods. Maybe a CAI but I don't have a whole lot of money to throw around with having the baby (primary reason I bought this car) so no turbo upgrade either. I'm only 25 so plenty of time to build a toy. A little off topic but I plan to purchase a 1989 Chrysler Conquest in the future and build it with my son. That will be our turbo project :)

The Cruze is a nice ride and the manual trans shifts beautifully. Economy should be good. Time will tell.

I will get some pics up tonight so check back!

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Kick ass! The Cruze is a real nice car!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
HAHA!

Since this is my DD, I won't be doing any crazy mods. Mostly appearance mods. Maybe a CAI but I don't have a whole lot of money to throw around with having the baby (primary reason I bought this car) so no turbo upgrade either. I'm only 25 so plenty of time to build a toy. A little off topic but I plan to purchase a 1989 Chrysler Conquest in the future and build it with my son. That will be our turbo project :)

The Cruze is a nice ride and the manual trans shifts beautifully. Economy should be good. Time will tell.

I will get some pics up tonight so check back!
Lol I was joking bout theturbo upgrade though, the engine is so small!! That's cool man, can't wait to see pics! And that project with your son sounds cool! I'm 22 and me and my dad have been working on my cobalt since I've got it! Were putting the turbo on next month as well, it's a really rewarding thing and it allows me and my dad to spend some priceless time together! Notto mention it's fun, and he supplies the beer :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! I will get pics up tomorrow. Spent the evening at the hospital with my wife because she has a massive kidney stone. Her first ride in the Cruze was to the emergency room, haha!

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2011 at 11:29 PM ----------

Ah, hell. I managed to find the time to get some pics up now that we're doing laundry at 12:45AM cuz my kid decided to projectile vomit on my wife, the pillows, and the bed. What a day it's been for her lol

Anywho, here's some pics:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think this is the first time I've looked at the interior of the Cruze, and I gotta say, thats a very nice interior... i like it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see a lot of modding potential...
Me too, but that will have to wait a bit. Going to do some visual mods, though :)
nice man, looks good. Aside from dark red that is probably the color I'd go with.
Thanks! I was a bit skeptical about the color but now that I have it, it's such a nice color.
very nice mang. you dont have to leave. there is a cruze forum here. might get lonely in there though. lol
Thanks! I definitely don't plan on leaving. I'll still hang around these parts because I have met a lot of really cool people here.

I think this is the first time I've looked at the interior of the Cruze, and I gotta say, thats a very nice interior... i like it
Thanks! It is a very nice interior and extremely comfortable. Everything is within reach and of high quality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.