Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I'm running a 07 Chevy cobalt LT 2.2L with a badmab header, ZZP DP, Cat back and k&n air intake . My car only has 48000-49000. So were I'm getting at is witch is better? Tc or sc? I want pros and cons on both items don't leave any thing out and were to start or either or if I'm going to do this since I can't buy the whole kit at once since it runs like 1000-4000 for either or. Member I also don't wanna mess my engine up neither since I have at least a good 10-20 years left in this car ..

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
If you want long life out of your engine, boosting it is not the way to go. If you slapped a tiny turbo on it, however, you would obviously see more power out of it and better fuel efficiency, but you would need to fill up with premium every time. There are tons of threads and outside resources that argue both sides of forced induction, its all personal preference.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want long life out of your engine, boosting it is not the way to go. If you slapped a tiny turbo on it, however, you would obviously see more power out of it and better fuel efficiency, but you would need to fill up with premium every time. There are tons of threads and outside resources that argue both sides of forced induction, its all personal preference.
So you think I should leave the engine the way it is with just the cai and full exhaust?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
TURBO IT!!! It's so much easier and they have better power anyways. Ask Banker! He will tell you from personal experience. :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I like your car better TC than SC too!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
again thats what we are for!!

get the parts, come to the meet and bang! You will be tc'd :)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
pretty straight forward. i keep telling everyone that cars are basically legos for grown ups. some things need to be finagled a little bit to fit but as long as all of your parts are meant for the car, shouldn't have any issues

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
pretty straight forward. i keep telling everyone that cars are basically legos for grown ups. some things need to be finagled a little bit to fit but as long as all of your parts are meant for the car, shouldn't have any issues
Except when you mess up building a Lego tower you aren't out anything but time, rebuilding the car ad messing up costs potentially thousands

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
that's going to depend on your 1. your set up, 2. your tune, 3. how well you maintain your engine

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

putting the parts on is easy, just time consuming. the biggest part is the exhaust manifold and back. the rest is just pulling off your bumper, doing your intercooler piping, do a little bit of wiring and vacuum lines, hook up oil lines and you're done

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.