Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have/use a scangauge and if so what are your opinions on them? Are they worth the money? How accurate are they? Did you find they actually helped you save on fuel?

I've been contemplating getting one ( not sure which version) but I don't want to get one if they aren't worth it

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
All they do is tap into all the factory sensors so you can actually see the values that are normally hidden. So their accuracy depends on exactly what your looking at and if it's an actual reading or just an estimated value from what is known. All you'd be able to see to help with fuel is if you monitor the manifold pressure which when negative you'll always get better fuel economy. What do you want to do with the car that you'd be looking to get one?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly I wanted the instant mpg reading. I have a snap on solus code reader so it wouldn't be to read codes. Maybe I'll just leave it and not get one

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Wish my car was like my friend's 09 and had the instant readout

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Instant MPG is pretty lame to scan anyways, you don't really buy a scan gauge for that.

It's for monitoring every single engine parameter, basically. I had one on both of my WBody's, scanning for LTFT's and KR all day long. Loved them. They weren't very accurate for the MPG business.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything I do btw blugtp is badass, never lame :p

Meh maybe I won't get one

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Everything I do btw blugtp is badass, never lame :p
You have an Escape and you list it as your race car with drag times.

Auto lame :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Faster than the cobalt

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to use it for the escape

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have one in my car. I display volts, fuel econ inst and avg, coolant.
But right now it is good because it blocks the abs/trac lights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.