Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
None of the above. I'm going to pencil in Mazdaspeed 3. Pretty fun car to drive.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

What year for the TC and Mazda 3? I don't like the the look of the new TCs and the older ones kinda look similar to the cobalt coupes, I'm not really a fan of those TCs either.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Right now the 2014 2.5 Mazda3 is automatic only... I think it is in the works for the 6 speed 2.5 though.Honestly If i had to choose either one of the 2014 models it would be the Mazda3 hatchback. I don't like the sedan version of them, and I really don't like the tC. They both make about the same HP and TQ. I just like the Mazda better, but thats only if they do make the 6 speed for it. If not I will say the tC by default, if your looking for a hatchback, don't for get the Impreza, it doesn't make as much power, but it's still an option.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hopefully the newer mazda 3's have less rust issues than the older 05 ish models. The wheel wells dont last very long
I've not seen one with rust issues, so I don't know anything about that. I just know the numbers and power specs really. Cars and sports the only things i really keep up with...

I'm sure they've fixed any issues they've had since 05 though... 9 years and not fixing it would basically kill Mazda's reputation...

·
Registered
959 Posts
As do I that's why I got a SOM Cobalt... and I think my next car is a 2009 Imperial Blue SS/TC Sedan... It says there were 40 of them made, but I've only heard of 2 on any of the cobalt forums, and I know of 1 other that is for sale that I'm working on buying... I were to get a Subie it would have to be an STI.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya the new Mazda 3's are nice but a little pricey.... : ( Im gonna see how reliable my mom's Cx-5 is but I do love the look of the new gen mazda 3. Hopefully they come out with an awesome mazdaspeed 3 version of it soon : )

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I can't speak for the Mazda besides giving an opinion based on its appearance (I think it's ugly!), but I can share a little of my experience with a 2011 tC I test drove once. It's a decent car. Looks sporty, has some good attributes, but it'll never make you forget you're driving a Toyota. It just has no feel, no sound. It's sterile. Which is fine for most cars, but this is trying to pass itself off as a sport compact. It's also very expensive in Canada. The one I was looking at last year was sitting at a 'very competitive' $18k used. You can do so much better for that money.

Oh, and the new one has an illuminated hood logo. I think that's taking tacky to a whole new level.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
lol my cousin currently owns a 08 tC and I don't like it much, not a terrible car but isn't my taste i enjoy my balt way more! he only wins because he has a manual lol. I like how the new Mazda 3 looks, way better than older ones, current gen tC have a extremely weird look. I would go with Mazda 3. Just my opinion!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Ya the new Mazda 3's are nice but a little pricey.... : ( Im gonna see how reliable my mom's Cx-5 is but I do love the look of the new gen mazda 3. Hopefully they come out with an awesome mazdaspeed 3 version of it soon : )
A mazdaspeed is in the talks but still up in the air. Mazda being on their own have to be careful but I don't see why not having a speed in the line up.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Only reason I'd buy a tC: Toyota warranty business.

Only reason I'd buy an 3: smiley-gen makes me laugh.

Buddy of mine has a white 2nd gen MS3, tuned with an intake and a turbo-back.

For what it is, being a hatch...it runs pretty stout.

·
Registered
959 Posts
If they do make the ms3, they need to make it an awd 2.5t it would keep pace with still and evo and possibly give it a better rep then.... I've liked them since my buddy Shannon had an 07, I think it was it was a fun car...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Neither. Mazdaspeed 6.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's too bad the old MS6 was a total p;ile of crap drivetrain wise when you started modding it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.