Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
u and i sing the same song my friend, from a distance my car looks flawless, once u get up close u see what a nightmear it really is,

touchup paint and compound, without going too crazy other then that

if u REALLY wanna fix those dings, bondo over them sand them down and repaint

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does that dr. colorchip actually work? haha

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

yeah it's pretty bad.. prolly one of the worst ive seen with just scratches

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it depends how clean you want it to look. if you want it perect your pretty much gonna need the car repainted

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got scratches here and there. Just the 1st year of rental life :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
does that dr. colorchip actually work? haha

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

yeah it's pretty bad.. prolly one of the worst ive seen with just scratches
well it's not as good as repaint, this is how it goes

repaint>drcolorchip>bondo+paint+touchup pen>leaving it as is :laugh:

·
Registered
931 Posts
well it's not as good as repaint, this is how it goes

repaint>drcolorchip>bondo+paint+touchup pen>leaving it as is :laugh:
bondo work sucks, i hadda bondo my ss.tc lip.. i hated it

·
Registered
911 Posts
I put a fender stripe on my fender to hide the rock chips, but urs is bad, looks like a complete..I'd just touch it up cuz if u take it to a bodyshop it'll end up costing a crap load

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha wish I could do that I'm 19 and with my job and school I made about 2200 in 6 months lol should be able to get a decent job soon with a letter of recommendation though

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Did you drive through a minefield or something?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I know a lot of people are against Maaco for some reason, but take it there, Whole body repaint for around three hundred, and they guarantee it for five years no fading or peeling. I've seen plenty of Maaco creations running around Orlando and they look great! not top notch Sema show quality, but good enough for the local car shows and the turkey rod and run in Daytona every year.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
You just gotta go to the right one.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
any dings that do not damage the paint can be removed via paintless dent removal. it's a method that's been around forever but is just now emerging in the auto industry as a money saver for car lovers. it's usually 100-150 a panel depending on the car and location of the dent(s). they charge by the panel, not the dent, so say you have 100 dents on your door. they will be charged at a flat rate. paint damage can be hidden by an experienced detailer. the rule is, if you can dig your nail into the scratch, it's not coming out. your only option is a trip to the body shop which unfortunately is always a headache.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.