Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my window tint is getting scratches in it and i have no idea where they are coming from. it doesnt bother me now but i'm afraid its going to scratch more and more till i figure out where its coming from. any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
that's an odd problem. The tint isn't on the outside of the glass is it? lol

cheap tint maybe? when you rub it, getting in/out or the like its scratching?

kids?

angry ghosts? j/k :)

do you use windex to clean them?

you are supposed to use a tint cleaner of some form. esp if its aftermarket. Could be the problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha no its in the inside and it better not be cheap i payed more then i wanted to for it haha.. idk how to explain it i'll try to get pics tomorrow but will be kind of hard since ya know it is on a window..

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
how long ago did you have it installed?

stickx911 may be on the right track with what you are using to clean it with.

unless something is touching the inside of the glass there is no way the tint can be getting "scratched"

is it possible that maybe it is cracking?

if you had it done by a good shop the tint should have a lifetime warranty. take the car in and have them look at it and replaced if it comes down to it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not when i clean it because its just in spots, it does have a life time warranty i think, i got it installed last summer so if it starts to bother me more i might have them see whats wrong. i think something is scratching it when i put the windows down and up

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
that would make the most sense now that Phil mentioned it. are the scratches going verticle? (up and down) then i would say it's from rolling the window up and down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.