Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Advanced Auto Parts the other day picking up some stuff for my fiancé's neon and they offered me some Sea Foam and I quickly declined. Last night at work I was curious so I looked it up and decided I would try it, I put it in my oil and in my fuel but I was curious. On the can it says you can put it directly in the engine thought the manifold and such. So is that bad for it at all, does it really clean it out, and if I should do it, what should I use? the brake boost line?

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I use seafoam in the gas tank to keep gas fresh if it will be sitting around for a month or more.

I like to call it "miracle in a can"

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Seafoam is incredible.

When you put it in the intake side of things and follow the instructions (pour it slowly, until you have the last bit, then dump it in and stall the car, wait at least 20 min, then fire her up and take a drive) it blows so much smoke out it's awesome. And it really helps the car out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
seafoam is awesome stuff clears out all the junk out of your car. when u go to put it in through the booster hose have some one in the car holding it at 3k rpm and pour about half the can into a cup and have the hose a barely touching the liquid and slowly let it suck it in or it will stall it, you will see huge cloud of smoke coming out of the exhaust and thats normal after its all in let the car run until the smoke stops then shut it off and pour the other half into your gas tank. unless you have a ton of miles you won't see much gains in mpg but using it in an older vehicle you see a nice increase. used to run it in the old jeep I had after the first time i went from 13mpg to 16mpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.