Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to sea foam my 2005 cobalt 2.2 base coupe for some time now. But I wasnt able to find an easy way to access the vacuum line on the brake booster. Does anyone have any tips and tricks with photos? Any good results from sea foaming?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I did it to my car but didn't notice any difference. Pull the vac line off the brake booster, wasn't that hard to do. I bought two cans, 1/2 in the gas tank and 1/2 in the oil. Then with the second can I dumped that into the intake with the booster hose. You have to turn off your car for 5 mins then turn it back on. My car smoked for the next two-three days.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm not with my cobalt now but when I get home ill take a picture

·
Registered
378 Posts
I did it to my car but didn't notice any difference. Pull the vac line off the brake booster, wasn't that hard to do. I bought two cans, 1/2 in the gas tank and 1/2 in the oil. Then with the second can I dumped that into the intake with the booster hose. You have to turn off your car for 5 mins then turn it back on. My car smoked for the next two-three days.
Supposed to use 1/3 1/3 and a 1/3 not half an half and a full can lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've read stories about huge clouds pouring out after they started the car. You might not notice a difference (won't feel like you added 30 hp) but it hells clean the inside of the engine and injectors when you put it in the tank.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, I did this to my gf's car and no large smoke cloud. hmmm? She needed to go to the store and about 1/2 block down the road she calls me freaking out because she can't see anything behind her but a cloud of smoke! So funny!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wonder if you can avoid this by burning top tier gasoline? There's a number of detergent brands that are supposed to keep the valves and the top of the cylinder head cleaner.

·
Registered
153 Posts

I would also appreciate a response to this question
YOu should use your brake booster line ...its the big hose comming off your intake manifold....disconnect it from the firewall (JUST GIVE IT A TUG)....let it suck half a bottle to 3/4 ...let it sit for about thirty mins then fire that bad boy up and watch the show...then pour the rest in the tank :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Gotta love putting a cheap $8 product into a $5k motor :)

It works, somewhat, but overpraised just like Mystery Oil. I prefer GM's engine cleaning kit, cheaper and approved under warranty, so you know it wont cause any harm if done correctly :)

This is what I am talking about...$35 for the kit and good for up to 16 applications. Only for your valvetrain and fuel injectors. Not for bottom end use :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Gotta love putting a cheap $8 product into a $5k motor :)

It works, somewhat, but overpraised just like Mystery Oil. I prefer GM's engine cleaning kit, cheaper and approved under warranty, so you know it wont cause any harm if done correctly :)

This is what I am talking about...$35 for the kit and good for up to 16 applications. Only for your valvetrain and fuel injectors. Not for bottom end use :)
Nice i didnt even know they made an upper cylinder treatment =)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
trust me, it does wonders from GM technicians, the only problem is once you pour it in, get ready to have a scan tool with access to PIDs and raise the rpm to 1100 for 10 minutes, oil change right after and after 3 hours of usage, whalla! Just like driving it off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
153 Posts

trust me, it does wonders from GM technicians, the only problem is once you pour it in, get ready to have a scan tool with access to PIDs and raise the rpm to 1100 for 10 minutes, oil change right after and after 3 hours of usage, whalla! Just like driving it off the showroom floor.
If you are intrested in product that does wonders for your engine pm me .....my grandfathers a famous chemist :toung:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
lol,....no one said it was easy to get to.....its the only hose coming off the manifold so yank it sir:clap
ive never looked at our plastic manifolds on vacuum lines, I thought we would have a MAP sensor at least with a vacuum line for atmospheric pressure and BARO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.