• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used seafoam before and had noticeable improvements with it (excluding the cobalt) but now I see this STP multipurpose treatment. So I was wondering which do you think is better?

Motor Treatment by STP | Multipurpose Motor Treatment

I'm going to put one or the other into my car shortly because oil change time is coming up.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do 50/50 tank and oil then a full bottle in the tb

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
When the season comes to run the car again do you just let the seafoam run through or change the oil? Also, if you put in in the TB wont it just pool in the IM?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you've never used it before?

I'm not sure on leaving it over the winter, I've never had it in for a winter storage session.

For the tb you remove the brake booster hose at the booster and pour the seafoam into the hose. The car will start to stumble and whatnot but probably wont stall. After you pour it in, turn off your car and wait five mins(this is a good time to reattach your booster hose). Now turn it back on and be prepared for smoke like you just blew up your motor. Should definitely be done out doors btw. It will smoke for a while and you may still see a little smoke for a day or two but it will go away. Sometimes you'll have to crank it for a bit to get it to start, thats normal.

Took an annoying idle stumble out of my g/f's 98 civic, and drastically improved throttle response on a 99 hyundai accent I had for a winter beater one year.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, never used Seafoam on anything but my lawn mower and snow blower. Also never had a car for more than two years either! Finally realizing I have to settle with what I got for a while.

I'm more curious about winter storage. My fluids get changes so much I'm not worried about cleanliness! My last oil change only had 2k on it, but it was drivin like I stole it for almost all 2k miles!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its good over the winter in fuel, definitely want to look up the oil though, although id think it might seperate and then mix back up when the motor gets turned over, you can run it for the duration of an oil change so it cant be harmful

·
Registered
313 Posts
Money I used the other stuff B something in the fuel and oil never SF. Or vac line. Ill def try. Car runs great but increased throt resp is def welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
191 Posts
There should be quite a bunch of videos on YouTube of how to do it the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There should be quite a bunch of videos on YouTube of how to do it the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I'm the shepard, I can't mislead my flock

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya, you can space it out though. C S S . net is where i assume you found your info

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.