Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, lately I have been looking for a 5-speed manual transmission out of an Iroc Z for my dad. I believe the years these were made were ~85-90. He is rebuilding a 54 Chevy Pickup Truck.

He is taking an S10 transmission, and putting the guts of an Iroc Z transmission for shifter position.

He was told that the best transmission to get would be a manual T5 transmission from an Iroc Z to handle the engine.

While searching Ebay I found there are two T5 transmission types. One is called World Class T5 and the other is Non World Class T5. What is the difference in these?

Also, did the Pontiac Firebird have the same T5 transmission as the Iroc Z's?

Or does anyone have a 5-speed manual transmission from an Iroc Z? That would solve many problems... :) He is looking to spend up to $500. + Shipping.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Deleted one of the questions... I found the answer. I added another one though. :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one knows these answers?

·
Registered
575 Posts
The world class tranny was stronger but they are both pieces of shit I went through 3 on my trans am if you are going the trouble get a tremec or a BW t-56

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well will those two tranmissions work in an S10 casing for shifter position?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, thanks. I'll let my dad know and see what he thinks. If these are options I'm sure he will be happy to go with them. You aren't the first person to tell us that the t5 sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.