Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I swapped out seats in my car. I gave XFE my old black seats, and had his 2009 grey ones rebuilt into the sweet custom ones I now have in the car. I have everything plugged back in, but I get a delayed airbag service light.

Im trying pulling the battery and seeing if it resets, but yea, am I going to have to try to repin these or something?

Just looking for input.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Try contacting ff_drift_lol and see if he can get you the wiring diagrams for the seats. It might be possible the pins were changed at some point.

·
Registered
567 Posts
yea this same issue costed me 180 bux and a pist off dealership not too long ago, the sensors in the pass seat are not compatable with anything except the same year.....I put g5 coupe seats from an 08 in my 09 and this happned....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would think......

·
Say What again!
6,014 Posts
We actually may have found a way around this. I'll let you know when we do this.
Is this related to the weight sensor under the seat?

·
Say What again!
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
if the passenger airbag goes off when there's no one in the passenger seat it will break the windshield for no reason. it's to save you a windshield, possibly a roof and a pillar. you can total a car like that. and good luck mike any time.

·
Say What again!
6,014 Posts
That's odd that it would total the car if there's nobody sitting there, but if there's someone it doesn't...

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Ok so we got this fixed.

I did it the easy way and just swapped the sensors from both or our seats.

This was the easiest and most correct way to do this. Didn't take me long either.

·
Registered
567 Posts
can you order this sensor anywhere?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.