Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Cobalters...

Does anyone have any first hand experience with aftermarket seat covers? I have looked on line but do not see any that I feel fit very well...

My 2009 coupe has the light & dark gray interior and I can tell they will be looking pretty bad in no time

Would appreciate any and all suggestions as to where to order, type material, best fit, etc...

Thanks in advance

frank n texas

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i just put a black tshirt over mine cause the inside of my arm kept rubbing against the side of the seat everytime i shifted and it began to wear it down.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought these and they fit okay. It took a lot of tugging since the backs are a little tight, but they look okay. The only issue are the headreast covers, which are far too big. They're universal fits, so they could fit better. They're just a helluva lot cheaper than most of the Cobalt-specific one I found. They're holding up just fine, and I've had them since early June.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I just got a set of covers from Strauss today, as mentioned a few posts ago- they fit pretty decent, and the headrest covers are a tad big. The pfyc ones are amazing, but I'd rather just get racing seats for that money. $40 and a LOT of tugging is what I needed for this, sore fingers now...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'll have pics tomorrow for you, rainy and nasty outside with 0 visibility. Surprisingly they didn't come out half as bad as I expect them to and match my dashboard. :amazed:

·
Registered
720 Posts
At the Minnesota State Fair we have car dealers showing off the cars and a few dealerships/aftermarket specialty shops that show off what can be done.

They had a red Cobalt LT sedan there that had ugly chrome wheels, but what I did like was the Katzkin custom interior. I asked what they would charge and he said $1200. Even though they are THE BEST looking seats I have ever seen in a Cobalt, I would NOT be willing to spend 1/10th of what I paid for my car to replace seats...I'd go FI first.

Anyway, long story short..very nice black leather (perforated I believe) with a red piping that really made it look nice...I would love a black with silver insert two-tone and red piping...

However, another option if you're spending that kind of money would be to just buy factory leathers off ebay...I am contemplating doing that in the future...just replace the front and rear seats with leather from an LT.

I know that's not what you are really wanting because of the price, but just listing other options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for suggestions, links and pics....

If I wind up with a set that has wrinkles right out of the box, I may try to iron them with a steam iron before installing...

Took my 2009 red 'Bandit' into the big city of Houston 1st time today...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Haha I was thinking of ironing, but the install was such a pain in the ass that I didn't want to touch them other than actually sitting on them :laugh:. I'm praying they will smooth out some once they get massaged in. I wouldn't have covers on in the first place but my dads on my ass about it :eek:h:

·
Registered
496 Posts
bout how much did those seat cover run you? just wondering

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Been running around like a crazy mofo today, and the shop that was supposed to do my tints fired their tint guy :notrust:. So tomorrow if its still light when I get it tinted I'll get pics.

They cost $20 for one set= seat and head rest cover. My friend why is a car guy hopped into my car today and didn't notice they were covers till I told him :bigsmile:, so they aren't too bad, and they add a lot of comfort- just smell a little funky IMO, especially when you let one go :toung: lmao...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Been running around like a crazy mofo today, and the shop that was supposed to do my tints fired their tint guy :notrust:. So tomorrow if its still light when I get it tinted I'll get pics.

They cost $20 for one set= seat and head rest cover. My friend why is a car guy hopped into my car today and didn't notice they were covers till I told him :bigsmile:, so they aren't too bad, and they add a lot of comfort- just smell a little funky IMO, especially when you let one go :toung: lmao...
k thanks. ive never heard of strauss before...is it an eastern U.S. company or something?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
haha wow, I dunno if its eastern based buy its the same thing as autozone and I guess Napa. Just your regular general auto parts store chain. Hopefully I can get some pics for you guys tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.