Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got the '06 LS model cobalt, and the seats are light gray. i want to cover the front and the back for summer before people sit in 'em, but idk where to find decent seat covers for both the front and back seats. any suggestions on where to look? it would be appreciated, thanks! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
help!

Does any one know how to clean the cloth seats? or what to use? i dont want to ruin them but my friend spilled a drink all over the seat and it kind of stained so does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i've got the '06 LS model cobalt, and the seats are light gray. i want to cover the front and the back for summer before people sit in 'em, but idk where to find decent seat covers for both the front and back seats. any suggestions on where to look? it would be appreciated, thanks! ;)
look around, you dont want the liquidation specials, but there are some pretty sweet deals on that stuff out there

Does any one know how to clean the cloth seats? or what to use? i dont want to ruin them but my friend spilled a drink all over the seat and it kind of stained so does anyone have any suggestions?
my suggestion, i use an oxi-clean type of product, and it worked fantastic at getting grease out of my tan headliner

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Do I even want to ask how that happens?
i work as a mechanic full time, and wear a ball cap, can ya put two and two together????

Grease from motor + ball cap + head hitting roof of car = grease on headliner

·
Registered
265 Posts
What are you, 6'8"?

lol... I was just joshing...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
6'5, actually
Wow, really? I'm 6'2"ish and I don't even come close to hitting the headliner. You must keep your seat pumped up?

As far as seat covers I got my from ebay, both front and back, the back seat covers are ok but the fronts are horrible. They don't fit and the headrest covers are the complete wrong size. Over all I was very unhappy with that purchase.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow, really? I'm 6'2"ish and I don't even come close to hitting the headliner. You must keep your seat pumped up?

As far as seat covers I got my from ebay, both front and back, the back seat covers are ok but the fronts are horrible. They don't fit and the headrest covers are the complete wrong size. Over all I was very unhappy with that purchase.
seat is pumped down, slid all the way back, and tilted

It's the fact it's a 2 door, the headroom is a little less

·
Registered
265 Posts
seat is pumped down, slid all the way back, and tilted

It's the fact it's a 2 door, the headroom is a little less
I gues those couple of inches do make the difference, I do the same in mine and it's only a coupe too...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I gues those couple of inches do make the difference, I do the same in mine and it's only a coupe too...
hats dont quite sit right on my head, they kinda hover over top, with the mop of hair i have, lol

turn my head too fast, and the hat ends up in my lap, lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know the problem. I just have a fat head myself though... At least I think so...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I know the problem. I just have a fat head myself though... At least I think so...
i do not believe i saw a photo of you yet???? i may have somewhere

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not likely I don't think I ever posted one, I probably should though. I don't even know if I have one on the bucket at the moment...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i went through the entire members pics thread, and didnt see you, if you find one, thatd be cool

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
As far as cleaning fabric, i don't know about oil, but for spots regular shaving cream works great for me. Mush some on the "offending" area and let it sit for 5 min, then use a damp warm cloth to wipe it clean. My GF worked at Dairy Queen during the summer and always had chocolate syrup on her somewhere, so I had to find an easy quick way to clean that stuff off. It was in some magazine my mom had.

·
Registered
265 Posts
And covers... I never got one from here but i want to its expesive but i found coverking.com. has anyone used their stuff before??
I haven't purchased anything there because of price but it appears to be a good looking set.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I haven't purchased anything there because of price but it appears to be a good looking set.
Yeah and for the price they better be. their supposed to be tailored to the car so its prob a good idea if you want the racing seat look and not the price. I mean the cobalts seats already have a racing look to them and im not a fan of the 5 point harness but i dont have the cash right now.:mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.