Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats out there that has more support and is more comfortable than the stock ls seats? these are starting to bother my back.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Whats out there that has more support and is more comfortable than the stock ls seats? these are starting to bother my back.
More support for what? I know the stock SS seats have pretty good comfort as well as nice side support for cornering.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More support for my back. these seats just dont hug in the right areas. I dont know how to explain it. They are very hard too.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Try to find a stock SS seat to pop into to see if you snug in the right spots.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ill have to find somone with an ss. Any good aftermarket that are comfortable?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The recaros are amazing. You'll have to pay out the ass for them tho
Depends on which ones you get. The pre ss/tc recaros aren't as expensive, but they're also not as good.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id love to have the ss tc seats but i dont have that kind of money. around 300 is what im looking at.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Any other aftermarket ones that would bolt right in? I'm looking into three point restraints soon.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well, here are the the fronts from an SS/SC. They are for $300.

06 07 08 09 Cobalt SS Blue Front Seat Pair LKQ | eBay

Or you can spend $100 more and pay $400 for a full set of ss/sc seats. You don't want to see the price on the TC seats right now lol.

06 09 Cobalt SS Black w Red Inserts Leather Seats Set F R | eBay

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

These are the TC seats for just the front pair with no extra coloring, no options. And don't forget, $200 just to ship these.

2006 07 08 09 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Recaro Seats Pair | eBay

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stock ss/sc seats look the same as the econo seats in the ls. whats the difference other than leather.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
They have better bucket supports on the side and on the thighs, allowing you to sink further into the seat for the "wrapped" feeling on your body for better support all around.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Seen TC seats when i went to a meet and tune a while ago, seats made me drool a bit.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
umm, sparco or recaro have decent aftermarket seats. Only problem with them, is that they aren't really too comfortable after long periods of time sitting in them. I actually tested the SS/TC seats against the Recaro aftermarket ones and I actually liked the stock seats better, but to each their own I guess.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Well, this car is not driven at long distances so it wouldn't really matter to me.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I gotta find an ss/sc so I can see the seats.
I guess I suck. Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.