Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post in this forum. I have a 2007 cobalt ls 2.4L but today i was wiring a switch to my interior lights under my dash. i used my HVAC fuse to wire them so they would turn on when the key was turned and turned off when it wasn't turned. as i was doing this i heard my car ding and power steering came up on the DIC and service airbag. and the security lockout light was on. my car would not start. I am in a vocational school so i asked the mechanics class to run the codes on my ECU and 2 airbag codes came up a power steering code came up as well as a few others. i think its was b1725 that came up for the airbag. it said about the voltage threshold being to high or to low. i have no idea what could of caused this or what is even the problem. i can't use the key fob method of disarming the system because i have a base model with no power locks!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When doing electrical always disconnect battery. You shorted something out. Did you check all the fuses in the BCM block? Especially the ECM/TCM top left corner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably should have disconnected it but the spot where the airbag fuse goes and the power steering and the hvac fuse goes I used a test light and there's no power going to those 3 fuses

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But the spot where the airbag fuse goes and the power steering and the hvac fuse goes I used a test light and there's no power going to those 3 fuses
Then check the 2 BCM fuses under the hood.

There's also a BCM fuse in the trunk beside the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found the problem, blown ignition switch fuse under the hood. replaced it and all the codes and the problems went away. thanks for you help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.