Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i wanna get the blacked out ICMP led taillights for my cashmere gold sedan (its the hardest colour car to do mods on) and i was wondering if they have a led taillight for the middle brake light? and if anyone can give me a opinion if the blacked out on gold will look good please let me know

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can change your bulbs for LED but you need to add a bleeder resistor or your cruise won't work. I don't understand why you would want to make your high brake light less visible. Kinda defeats the purpose don't it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can change your bulbs for LED but you need to add a bleeder resistor or your cruise won't work. I don't understand why you would want to make your high brake light less visible. Kinda defeats the purpose don't it.
would it just be easier to tint it..i just want them to match the ds and ps taillights haha

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Then remove the tint in tail lights ??? lol lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean get the bermuda black ICMP led taillights (which is factory tinted)for my balt and get the middle brake light niteshaded to match so it doesn't look like a zit in the middle of my car

·
Registered
709 Posts
Like Coby said, this is like the most important light on a car. I smoked my tail light and they aren't really visible when they light on at day because they are matte. I would never apply any tint on this one. Anyway, it's your choice! I did tail light and side marker and leaved this one normal, here's a pic, it's not that bad looking!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like Coby said, this is like the most important light on a car. I smoked my tail light and they aren't really visible when they light on at day because they are matte. I would never apply any tint on this one. Anyway, it's your choice! I did tail light and side marker and leaved this one normal, here's a pic, it's not that bad looking!

yea it looks clean, and i know what coby meant, I'm just a stickler for stuff matching and stuff:blink1:, idk we will see, i might go to the junkyard and grab a middle brake light and try that out ,this way i have an extra if it doesn't work

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

X2 this has kept me getting warnings and not tickets.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Depends on your state. In MN you cant have any obstructing color that reduces a tail light lower than OEM. I always make the case that I left the 3rd light stock so people could see me pressing the brake and they always say I should get them replaced and I drive away!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Depends on your state. In MN you cant have any obstructing color that reduces a tail light lower than OEM. I always make the case that I left the 3rd light stock so people could see me pressing the brake and they always say I should get them replaced and I drive away!
i live in ontario canada, and the tinting laws here are vague, and that is a good point , i will nattt touch the middle taillight

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Go to BUYHIDs.com, they have an led 3rd brake light conversion that is plug and play and will retain your cruise control. As far as tinting it goes, get some 35% tint film and you'll be good to go. Thats what I did for mine and it looks dark but lets more than enough light thru...

·
Registered
302 Posts
ill grab some pics tomorrow, I have a cash gold sedan, i used the 3 piece tail light tint kit off ebay, already cut to fit, worked pretty simple although you really will have a hard time if you have never used vinyl/tint before, it took me a while to get the bubbles out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ill grab some pics tomorrow, I have a cash gold sedan, i used the 3 piece tail light tint kit off ebay, already cut to fit, worked pretty simple although you really will have a hard time if you have never used vinyl/tint before, it took me a while to get the bubbles out.
Even if there is 4 or 5 bubbles left, they'll disappear in 1 or 2 day because of the sun heat. I had several on mine when I did them and they went off after 2 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.