Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not own a cobalt but I am looking into purchasing a 2008 lt sedan model because the four doors would be highly helpful for me. But my problem is I hate the tail lights on the cobalt sedans. Is there any way to exchange the sedan tail lights to the coupe tailights? I was looking at back bumpers and it appears that a coupe back bumper would fit on the sedan allowing me to put the round tail lights on the car. I know I would have to replace the trunk as well. But would this be possible? Or would I just be stuck with the oem style lights?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^ebay specials are as close as you will get. check out stratosprojects for LED or Agita_san's tails for tinted, theirs are good examples.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You will need to change both rear quarter panelsto fit the coupe bumper and the coupe trunk lid won't fit either, you have to make one with the two. Coupe trunk lid is longer by 3 inches at least. But some people have done it! Some have also done the reverse.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Dont like the completely clear tails but that actually looks pretty dang sweet!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Thread is about coupe rear on a sedan.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Thread is about coupe rear on a sedan.
yeah we are aware of that... Thank you for stating the obvious.

I love the look of that sedan with the coupe rear end on it. That took some extensive work!!!

As you can see it is possible but it's not going to be financially worth your time unless you have a lot of extra cash laying around.

My suggestion is just make the best of what you've got. You want a sedan so just take what is there and make it look nice as you can. I think the sedan rear end is still nice looking.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I don't think ill ever do that to my sedan, I love its ass! No coupe ass can compare!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.