Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Ive been wondering some things about my MPG. I sold my old Mitsubishi mighty max pickup which seemed to get bad mileage. I could watch the gas needle go down as I drove lol. But anyways, i gave it up so i could get my beautiful 25/37 MPG cobalt. Well the dealer gave me a tank of gas and it only lasted 220 miles:weird:. Since then, I drive it and it seems the old way of my truck, I can see the needle go down like have a notch before i get home from anything. It has 1447 miles on it and ive filled it up like 13 times!
Help! :blink:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I rarely break 28 mpg avg. But I have a lot of stop and go, hills, short trips of freeways (which hurts mpg I'd think as you gotta get that baby up to 70mph and coast it down after just a couple miles).

the past week though I've had a good bit of highway milage and finally got it over 30avg.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
well if you are driving in stop and go of anytype and such you wont get above 30, 28 is still in the good with this car. I am happy with over 20 after coming from v8's that the only way I got 20 or maybe 22 is on the highway.
lol, I know, I'm pretty happy with it. my cavalier didn't get any better, thats for sure.

I just see all these 40+'s and I think, man I wish I just did highway driving.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I see what you guys mean. It is stop and go and around here if you don't get a lot of speed off the line people flip their lids. So I guess thats where its all going. :blink: I just see everyone else posting upper 30s and I figured something was wrong.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
not at all my friend i dont even post close to 30s lol the highest i got with granny drving (which bugged the hell out of me) was 27

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

im waiting for will to chime in lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
when i first got my car about a month ago i took a road trip and got about 34 mpg hwy... now that im driving around town doing stop and go im getting about 27-28 mpg and i do granny it (most of the time)

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
]im waiting for will to chime in lol
Let's see that would have to be me or Will Beck, and he is much more HP than mpg. lol

OP- It's very simple, but not simple. It is the way you are driving your car, however if you live in town and only drive in town there is not too much you can do to make it better, no matter what car you drive. In fact a lot of people who live in urban settings are now complaining about the Prius for mpg problems. It seems that when you sit in traffic the batteries go dead and the car gets really crappy mpg trying to charge them back up again.

What percent of your driving is city and what percent is hwy?
Have you changed the pressure in your tires?
Have you checked out our mpg section?

Sorry for the questions, but to help we need to know what you have going on...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.