Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bumper from a guy on another forum. We agreed on a price and I paid it. Now he's asking for another 50$ because apparently shipping was so expensive and he needs money. Am I wrong to deny him?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not necessarily. I always get a quote on shipping for what I send out.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
"We agreed on a price and I paid it" that should answer your question. If he agreed, AND took you money then it's yours and you owe him nothing. Now, if you want to be a really nice guy(and possibly a sucker) then sure pay him. He may be playing you to see if you'll pay.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The agreed price included shipping.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If it included shipping, I'd ask him to honor it. Otherwise, if you're not willing to part with the cash, I'd cancel the transaction. If he already shipped it, then well, there's not much he can do lol.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
If it included shipping, I'd ask him to honor it. Otherwise, if you're not willing to part with the cash, I'd cancel the transaction. If he already shipped it, then well, there's not much he can do lol.
This. If they guy said the bumper was $xx.xx shipped, then he was the one that was dumb enough to not check the price of shipping to the furthest away place from him before putting his price up there, and he should be the one who eats that mistake. That's not your problem if he didn't do his homework before test day :). Catch my drift. I'm usually a nice guy, but only when I'm the seller. I've refunded a little bit of cash to buyers all the time if they aren't completely satisfied with the product, but I NEVER ask for more money, ESPECIALLY if we already agreed on it AND received the money. This guy is trying to give you a sob story to get more money out of you.:idea:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already received the bumper. So I agree he's Probubly giving me a Sab storey because he followed the request with "my transmission went and I have you such a deal on the bumper"

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I'd ship him some card board and a sharpie and let him stand at the stoplight with a sign asking for moneyzz.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I already received the bumper. So I agree he's Probubly giving me a Sab storey because he followed the request with "my transmission went and I have you such a deal on the bumper"
Well, you could always send him a nice thank you card. Maybe stick a coupon in there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
some food stamps

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd ship him some card board and a sharpie and let him stand at the stoplight with a sign asking for moneyzz.

LMFAO. I'm sitting in the doctors office and everyone is wondering why I'm laughing. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I see no problem. You don't even have to respond if you don't want to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
give a bad review.. so people are aware

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.