Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to sell my 2005 cobalt. It's going to be going up for sale as soon as I get my ranger done.

I need to know what you guys think. My dad really screwed me on this one, when he purchased the car the bought it on a lease. And gave me the car. So i pay the payments wich are in his name and i have to buy it out next spring because im way over my miles. I just want to get rid of it so i can buy my roadbike next spring.

It only blue books for 7,500 it has 77,000 miles and it's a base 2 door

I just want to know if ya think I could get more out of it because of the work and money i have into .. wich includes the following,

18" adr venoum wheels
completley blackout interoir ( new headliner, carpet door panels, everything)
lowered 2"
tinted windows all they way around
tinted tailights
eyelids
full exhaust
comes with the stock wheels and tires.

this car is very very very clean it was my baby not a scratch on it.

Im just hoping that me babying it all its life will pay off.

what do you guys think
thanks for the help

marcus

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
It really depends on your clientele. Some people will pay extra for your mods, other's wont want them at all. Figure out what you bare minimum is that you need to get for the car and then add like $1000 to it.. if someone takes it, you're set.. if they haggle with you, then you gave yourself $1000 to work with..

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It really depends on your clientele. Some people will pay extra for your mods, other's wont want them at all. Figure out what you bare minimum is that you need to get for the car and then add like $1000 to it.. if someone takes it, you're set.. if they haggle with you, then you gave yourself $1000 to work with..
he's right. In fact someone told my father for me to make sure I don't do too much to it or they won't want it. In a lot of cases they can't sell it because it doesn't fit other people's tastes, hence "custom"... tailored to what you like.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why i try to keep my mods "clean" so i just hope I have someone who is into modding interested. I have to call tommorow and figure out what my pay off is.

I'll let ya know what i find out.

and if anyone knows of someone looking for a balt i just want to get out of it what i owe on it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Best bet is to get it as close to stock looking as possible and sell it yourself. That is the only way you can get the most $ for it.

Unless a dealer is having a hard time selling vehicles (you want a BIG SUV?) he will want to give you only enough so he/she can sell it for a profit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found out today that i owe 9,900 OUCH!!!, i dont know what im going to do i guess if i want to get rid of it that bad im just going to try to put it up for 8500 and see if someone will bite. it's a shot in the dark and i will have to pay the diffrence but i need to get rid of this thing.

I learned a lesson very young and im glad i did because im never ever going to lease a vehicle again.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Yeah that is pretty bad, I would say I would buy it, but I already have a cobalt (obviously) I just wish it was stick! Good luck though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would sell the rims seprate but that is the best thing on the car. Im going to include all my stock stuff i have and pay to god i get a decent offer on it,

i know im going to have to eat a little but i want to take as big as a chunk out of that as possible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.