Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we showed you the press shots of the Cobalt SS Turbo, and then we got some live shots from the unveiling last night. Now we have more of the Cobalt SS Turbo, and have no fear, it's just as yellow as it was eight hours ago. All that yellow could be a warning, since the Cobalt SS Turbo also still has 260 HP and 260 lb-ft, and no one knows yet whether that John Heinricy-tuned suspension will keep you from torque-steering into trees. Be sure to check out the new and improved gallery of hi-res pics below.

Press Shots:
Officially Official: 2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo with 260 HP bows at SEMA - Autoblog

Live Shots:
SEMA 2007: Cobalt SS Turbo makes SEMA debut - Autoblog

Original article:
SEMA 2007: Cobalt SS Turbo in the clear - Autoblog

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive known all about this car for some time now, the thing that makes me happiest is the sign in picture twentysomething that says there is an HHR Panel SS!!!!!

I had heard rumors, people called me retarded for saying it was coming(I may still be) but I could never get anything out of my GM friends, maybe its changed since then but I knew there was proof it existed at some point.

·
Registered
284 Posts
a buddy of mine just totalled his 2007 SS SC and got a nice sheck for it (he had gap insurance...) and the car he traded in to get that mommy and daddy bought for him and payed it off.... so he made out on this car.... well he is waiting for the TC cobalt to comeout

·
Registered
673 Posts
Everything on this car sounds great, but I couldn't help but laugh at the suspension line and torque steer. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself designed the suspension it's FWD and 260hp it's going to torque steer like a mofo. lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah he is younger then me and in his last year of Highschool.... and lives at home, parents are letting him use one of the family cars

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive known all about this car for some time now, the thing that makes me happiest is the sign in picture twentysomething that says there is an HHR Panel SS!!!!!

I had heard rumors, people called me retarded for saying it was coming(I may still be) but I could never get anything out of my GM friends, maybe its changed since then but I knew there was proof it existed at some point.
that's old news man. pics were released a long time ago.

Everything on this car sounds great, but I couldn't help but laugh at the suspension line and torque steer. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself designed the suspension it's FWD and 260hp it's going to torque steer like a mofo. lol
i have easy 260whp, which is a good amount more than the ss/tc, and i don't have any torque steer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
that's old news man. pics were released a long time ago.

i have easy 260whp, which is a good amount more than the ss/tc, and i don't have any torque steer.
How is that possible? The stock SS/SC torque steers, so how do you have more then that and not?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i bet the SS TC will have atleast 260 to the wheels... they rated the SS SC at 205 at the crank yet they dyno 215 - 220

·
Registered
75 Posts
How is that possible? The stock SS/SC torque steers, so how do you have more then that and not?
i lost my torque steer when i got my strut bar, tranny mounts, engine mount, and smaller wheels.

D4u2s0t added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

i bet the SS TC will have atleast 260 to the wheels... they rated the SS SC at 205 at the crank yet they dyno 215 - 220
this engine is not underrated like ours. people forget that the engine is already out, and being used in cars that are on the street. most of them put down around 235whp.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i lost my torque steer when i got my strut bar, tranny mounts, engine mount, and smaller wheels.
hmm I have all of those but the smaller wheels and engine mounts. I may have to see what I can do there because my car feels like it's going to dart off into a tree at any given second on hard acceleration. lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah it is already out but like you said it is in a different car... this will have i differently tuned computer... and might have better ways of getting the power down to the wheels (trans tuning ect...) i bet it will make more power then the solstice

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Either way I'm gonna get one when they come out. Good thing I already ahve the platform with my LT so all my trunk enclosure can be swaped along with my other visual mods commin in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm I have all of those but the smaller wheels and engine mounts. I may have to see what I can do there because my car feels like it's going to dart off into a tree at any given second on hard acceleration. lol
yea, i don't have that at all anymore. i can pull all out through the gears and it never pulls sideways anymore. the mounts are great, and are very inexpensive, and the vibes are not as bad as people make it sounds. once they break in after a few hundred miles and you get used to them, you don't even feel them anymore.

yeah it is already out but like you said it is in a different car... this will have i differently tuned computer... and might have better ways of getting the power down to the wheels (trans tuning ect...) i bet it will make more power then the solstice
it's going to be exactly the same, except fwd vs. rwd. and it's also a BITCH to tune. as of now, the lnf is not very mod friendly at all. tunes are crazy expensive, and some mods actually lose you power. many of the solstice and sky guys bitch about that.

basically, this is like the ion redline, which was out before the cobalt, then they put the same engine in the cobalt. nothings majorly different.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.