Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent all day yesterday stripping my engine bay for an engine swap. Unbolted the transmission and engine mount. However the damn clutch won't let go. I can get 3" of space to where I almost fit my hand in the bell housing. However it won't budge. Am I missing something here?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

From what I'm reading. The process is going to need to be similar to that of replaceing a clutch. Complete disassembly of the tranny. Someone please tell me I'm not going to have to do that. I'll be starting it back up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Did you actually lift the car off of the engine cradle? You're going to have a hell of a time getting to the clutch without having the engine cradle completely separate from the car first.

See the LSJ power manuals... it goes over removing the engine for clutch replacement: http://www.gmperformancedivision.com/pulse/manuals.aspx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went ahead and disconnected the transaxle. Supported the tranny by a jack and shifted the transmission the the side. Now it pops out. I hate FWD lol.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Went ahead and disconnected the transaxle. Supported the tranny by a jack and shifted the transmission the the side. Now it pops out. I hate FWD lol.
That is exactly how we did it when we did a swap a few months ago in Foximus's car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.