Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i thought i fixed the problem but apperantly not. sometimes when i have a passenger in my car on the front seat, the service airbag comes on and when i turn my car off and back on, it goes away and comes back another time. it never comes on when im alone but when someone sits on it. could something be loose for the seat sensor? could it be easily fixed w/out going to the dealership? its hasnt been a problem for a while before now since the last time it happend.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello Cobalt CDA,

Sorry to hear about the airbag concern on your Cobalt. My recommendation would be to take your vehicle into the dealership for them to look at. If you want me to check into warranty information/open recalls on your vehicle, set up a Customer Assistance case, or are interested in Customer Service helping you work with a dealership to address this concern, please send me a private message with your name, VIN, and contact information (phone number, email), and we’ll move forward from there!

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem...

·
Registered
16 Posts
If there is a problem with the sensor, it will throw a body module code (not something you can usually pick up with a code reader). I found out that mine went completely dead on me (doesn't work at all). They are about $400 to replace (dealer list that is). Nothing aftermarket, dealer only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.