Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the service airbag light in my car keeps coming on at random times. Whether its when im driving around town or on the highway, it'll come on. I am planning on calling the dealership since i still have a warranty, but i wanted to see if anyone else ever had this problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its a pretty common problem i'm thinking. Usually happens when you have something plugged in to the 12V power supply by the dash trim. I had mine to the dealer a few times with the issue and they just pawn it off on what I have plugged in there sending signals. It must have something to do with the wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess. I know when i went to sign the papers (I had the car home before i signed so noone else could take it =]) i told them about it, and the guy said it might be a computer or wiring thing. as long as theres no chance of deployment while im driving im happy.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
theres a black coil behind the steering wheel..forgot what it's called though..you need to take out the airbag and then use a gm steering wheel puller to get to it..Mine was broken..but most people have the problem with the airbag sensor underneath the passenger seat

·
Registered
63 Posts
About 18 months ago my service airbag message came on but eventually went out and stayed out after about a month of trying to make up it's mind :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.