Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys had this issue. Yesterday I got on the freeway and within 5 minutes a "ding" sounded for an alert with the car. I looked at the dash and the yellow traction control light was on and where the mileage is displayed it said "SERVICE TRACTION...SERVICE". I turned on and off the traction control button but it did nothing. It was not raining or snowing and I did not spin my tires. Even if that happens it wouldnt say service traction.

I took it to the dealer and shut the car off, my mistake. I told them about what happened and when they turned the car on the message did not come back. They told me it may be some "codes" or something. They looked at it for about 15 minutes and told me they could find no previous issues in there books regarding this. They also told me that if it did come back on, to bring the car back and not turn off the motor so they can see the message. They also said that it is not a safety issue at all.

Do you guys have any ideaof what caused this and should I be worried?

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
first off little corky things like that will happen. it's prolly nothing.

second your dealership are tool bags...if a light went off it's automatically recorded in the cars system. they're just trying to cover their ass.

jest keep all records and if it comes on next time take it in...doesn't sound like it'll be harmful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i figure but thought I'd ask.
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.