Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'll check and repost here.

Switch pin-out;

If I understand correctly you want to wire your Cobalt OEM. Here is C2 pin-out where you will find the fog relay control pin "C3".

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is awesome Coby!! That is the plug i know I need to splice into, but I'm unsure of which yellow to splice into:S

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I'll check and repost here.

Switch pin-out;

If I understand correctly you want to wire your Cobalt OEM. Here is C2 pin-out where you will find the fog relay control pin "C3".

Thanks for the quick help, can I just wire the power to the four plug fog switch by the dash?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
OK, here comes ....D5 of "C3" will have power from the Fog relay 2 purple wires.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

When you press the fog switch it applies a ground to the orange wire. This signal goes to BCM which in turn latches the fog relay via a yellow wire pin "54"(Oops I'll get that pin-out for you also) that goes to underhood fuse block to C2 pin"C3" which turns on relay that gives you power on pin "D5" of connector C3.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I believe you know what you're saying but please just turn it into english:) Hook up my powers to which wire?? Also I have my two grounds on my fogs to their own ground. Is that Alright?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do you have OEM wiring?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, normally the two fog lamp grounds would go to 2 seperate ground lugs on the car, drivers side just below the brakeline block or ABS block on the sub frame, the other ground lug is on the passenger side (not sure where at this moment but I can find out). Your power wires will go to pin "D5" of connector "C3" under fuse block (Should be 2 purple wire if U have OEM wiring. Also if you have OEM wiring the wires will be tied and tucked away inside inner fenders in front.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Sorry, this is the best plain english I have.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm not sure if your talking about the oem wires from my dash, which I do have. Or whether I have the oem wires running down to connect to fog lights, which I don't. I just have the dash trim with the fog switch option on there, connecting to my fog female plug. I hope this helps clear things up

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did your car already have the fog switch or you salvaged one?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
We are out of sink here. If your car has the OEM wiring between fog switch and BCM and BCM to underhood fuse block. Then the only thing you have to wire is your red wires from fog lights to pin "D5" of connector C3 and grounds to grounds.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Were they orange, gray and black/white?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
D5 on the square is pinkish, or light orange with a white stripe running parallel. D6 on the same square is yellow. I see what you are talking about now. The diagram of c3 is pretty skrewed up from what I am looking at. Apparently my a3 on c3 is two purple wires and also my a2 is orange on the c3.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe I looked up wrong year...I assumed 2005. Why you should have this listed in your signature, then when you ask question we don't assume wrong things. I'll wait until u post your year.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You must have read that wrong, no wire on d3.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

06 same as 05. So data I gave you is good.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
ok, so, i'm working on this. I installed fog lamp wiring into my light harness and connected to pin D5 in C3. I bought the wrong year harness. so, I just removed the fog lamp wires (purple and black) and inserted them into my existing harness and grounded accordingly. I didnt cut any wires and I've grounded in the proper locations. I got everything back together but the fogs dont come on. My car had the wiring connector in the dash but my car didn't come with fogs originally. My fog switch lights up. I have checked the underhood fuse panel for a fuse. It was already installed. I pulled to fuse to ensure it was good. Its good.

Do I need to install another wire from the fuse panel in the console to the underhood panel ?

2005 LS

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, so, i'm working on this. I installed fog lamp wiring into my light harness and connected to pin D5 in C3. I bought the wrong year harness. so, I just removed the fog lamp wires (purple and black) and inserted them into my existing harness and grounded accordingly. I didnt cut any wires and I've grounded in the proper locations. I got everything back together but the fogs dont come on. My car had the wiring connector in the dash but my car didn't come with fogs originally. My fog switch lights up. I have checked the underhood fuse panel for a fuse. It was already installed. I pulled to fuse to ensure it was good. Its good.

Do I need to install another wire from the fuse panel in the console to the underhood panel ?

2005 LS
I assume so, I had the same harness which was from a corvette and it also had two extra wires(don't know which colors). Although I did not ground them, only tapped them(which now I should have probably tried). When I changed my harness to the corvette, my car wouldn't spark but everything else worked on it. Anyways I just switched back to my regular harness, one without fogs relay and wired my fogs to the fuse. I fitted the wire into the "C3" and nothing worked. So I just wired it to my running lights so I can turn them off when I turn out all my lights.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.