Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten tire monitors and I cannot get them to set up on my 2009 Cobalt LT and I tried to look for a learned tire setting on the info panel and it does not have one a section for that how do I do it

·
Say What again!
6,347 Posts
Doing a bit of searching, it sounds like it can be a bit funny.

Do you have remote keyless entry? If so, you can use the key fob to initiate the procedure. Did you have the BCM replaced at some point?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know for my 09 cobalt Lt it didn’t have a fob an no relearn as well had to go to the dealership but some will not charge you as it’s a 5 min job literally. Let me know if there is another way as well good luck.

·
Registered
2009 Cobalt LT, 5 Speed
10 Posts
There is a way to do it, it is kind of a lot of steps. You need to turn the key to the "on" position and not start it. Hold down the two buttons on your steering wheel for a few seconds, let off and then do it again. Then you need to start at the front driver wheel and let air out until your car honks and go clockwise to the other three tires and do the same. Once completed the car should honk twice and it should work. Keep in mind this will only work if the sensors were coded properly with the reader.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Gldixoni
I know for my 09 cobalt Lt it didn’t have a fob an no relearn as well had to go to the dealership but some will not charge you as it’s a 5 min job literally. Let me know if there is another way as well good luck.
Does your cobalt have power windows? How about power door locks? If yes to either, your car is capable for a key fob. May even be setup to use one and have 2 or more stored in your system.

Either way, by pressing the 2 buttons on the left of the steering wheels and entering user input mode, one can cycle around to reset your oil change %, English, auto lock, and Tire Learn! ! !
Then follow the horn and turn signal and change the air pressure on that corner of the car.

The $9.00 Ebay cheap 315mHz tpms tool works well and may help. But, you still need to get your car into relearn mode..
Press 2 buttons....No Charge. Now for $100, I’ll walk around your car and wave my magic wand....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gldixoni

Does your cobalt have power windows? How about power door locks? If yes to either, your car is capable for a key fob. May even be setup to use one and have 2 or more stored in your system.

Either way, by pressing the 2 buttons on the left of the steering wheels and entering user input mode, one can cycle around to reset your oil change %, English, auto lock, and Tire Learn! ! !
Then follow the horn and turn signal and change the air pressure on that corner of the car.

The $9.00 Ebay cheap 315mHz tpms tool works well and may help. But, you still need to get your car into relearn mode..
Press 2 buttons....No Charge. Now for $100, I’ll walk around your car and wave my magic wand....
It doesn’t have the tire relearn setting but yes it has power windows an locks an no key fob.

·
Registered
661 Posts
@Gldixoni
Did you buy your Cobalt New?
Do you know how to reset your oil change %?

Your Cobalt is setup to use a remote key fob. The RCDL (remote control door lock) receiver is the exact same box as the TPMS receiver. This unit WILL receive signals from a GM style keyfob once the keyfob is registered with the TPMS receiver. These key fobs can be found at a very reasonable price all the way up to complete insane from ($6 a pair to >$50 each)..for the same piece of made in the (not USA).
However if you can access your information display, push the 2 buttons on the Left steering wheel spoke ( both at the same time) and hold for about 3 or 4 sec then release, you should enter “User input mode”
Here you can change your oil change data, reset to 100%, change language for the information display, and also Tire Relearn.
Now if you have more buttons than 2 on the left steering wheel spoke, then I would expect you have 5. The 3 buttons ( the top 2 of 4 and the larger button to the left of 4 buttons) are for cruise control. The lower 2 buttons work exactly the same way as the button challenged wheels.
BTW if your steering wheel is button challenged, the parts are quite available new and used for pocket change. And since you have an 09 LT there is a 99% chance you already have the wires from BCM and radio already connected to your steering wheel. So you could very quickly enable cruise and steering wheel control to your radio.
By Any chance are there any red or blue dots on your rear view mirror?....if so, your car was setup for BlondStar and one could very easily enable hand free phone usage.
Experiment and enjoy.
PS there is a forum moderator (Coby7 here and also called Traxy on the Traxforum dot com that can set you up with keyfob that will work on your car. You will need to find a friend with a Tech II diagnostics kit or ask your local GM dealership to register a pair of key fobs to your car. Might be wise to have the key fobs that are currently logged on your car erased. And make sure you have a extra spare key (3rd key) for that just Incase moment... cheaper now than later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts