Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Wheels?

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  AlphaGator502 
#1 ·
I have an LS Silver Cobalt coupe. It has the stock 14" wheels and I am wanting to put some new ones on there. I want to put some 18" wheels since those look good on the SS's. Will they rub or anything on my balt? And will I have to replace shocks or anything? A buddy of mine was telling me I would want to get some stiffer springs.

Anyway I just don't know to much about all of this so I figured I'd ask. I just want to make the car look better without compromising drivability.

Any suggestions on some sexy looking wheels as well? I want some grey ones. I think they would look good on the silver.

#2 ·
First of all are you sure you have 14" now, because I tought even the 2005 came with 15s. 18" is a bit large most people settle for 17"s. What will determine if you rub or not is your tire selection. You can have tires on 15" rims that rub and tires on 18" rims that don't.

#3 ·
First of all are you sure you have 14" now, because I tought even the 2005 came with 15s.

What will determine if you rub or not is your tire selection. You can have tires on 15" rims that rub and tires on 18" rims that don't.
Solid advice! ^^
I regret not getting 18s and went with 17s. If you dont drop the car, dont bother with rims, it looks really dumb and I know this from experience, and most others will agree. You don't necessarily need stiffer springs exactly, but when you drop the car, thats essentially what you'll end up with.

I agree that you currently have 15's, I'm almost certain balts didnt come with 14's, unless you have aftermarket 14's hahaha

As for sexy, everyones opinion will differ. Personally I wanted darker rims because I hate bit chrome ones. I also like a simple design, so I ended up with a simple spoke patter in gunmetal...personally, I think they look awesome against the color of my car, others will agree, and others will think its gross...all a matter of opinion. What I'm saying is, get what YOU think looks good, not what others think looks good. We may see a picture or two, but you'll see them every time you drive it.

#6 ·
cobalts never had 14" wheels.

I have 18" wheels with 225/40/18 tires and my factory wheels are 15" with 195/65/15 tires. Same overall diameter and keeps the speedo right on. Lowered 3.5" and only had slight tire rub until I modified my wheel wells to make room.

#12 ·
Someone needs to hydrodip some wheels...like something along these lines on some wheels.

Don't you steal my future plans nubs :)

SO overplayed.

Please no.

woah you dumped bank for PF01's new on your base!

props
Ditto.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of much anything Enkei related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.