Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it on 2 cobalts so far but I haven't seen how they did it. It looks sick and I have extra sheet metal from a job I did on a cuda. Have any of you done this and what advice could you give me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You are refering to the rear windows correct? I would like to see a pic of that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the rear quarter window is nothing but useless as you can't see shit out of it anyway. Plus most tint shops won't touch the car because the quarter window in a pita to tint.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the quarter window. Definitely can't see out of it. I'd rather fill it in and fiberglass a cover for it and put a speaker in both sides. I don't sit in the back so it won't bother me.... I've been looking on Google trying to find a pic of it but can't find anything... the body isn't covered in my warranty so I'll be able to do it and not void the warranty. I'll do it in January and post pics.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sweet, I look forward to that. I've thought about blacking out my windows since I have a black balt, similar concept but cheap for me ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealership tinted my 3 back windows and ripped me off. 300 for them at 5%. I spent 70 for the 2 doors at 35%. But I just got pulled over and got a ticket for them and had to take them off.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
ugh, fortunately in the great state of MN (and many others as I understand it) if you cant roll down your windows they can't test them. I always turn the car off and, on cars in the past that were tinted, opened the door. "Sorry officer, the automatic windows dont go down!!!"

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha that's a good idea. I have crank windows. The worst part was he pulled me over at night. He was gonna get me for my tail lights too bc I blacked them out but I told him their still red. The great state of California doesn't give you much room on things you can do to your car.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, I wonder sometimes when I look at jobs within the company there if I could survive without modding my own car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Haha that's a good idea. I have crank windows. The worst part was he pulled me over at night. He was gonna get me for my tail lights too bc I blacked them out but I told him their still red. The great state of California doesn't give you much room on things you can do to your car.

Yep!!! I live in Hollywood Cops are really hard on their laws....My cobalt has plates from Baja Mexico so they dont bother me as much :nahnah

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The dealership tinted my 3 back windows and ripped me off. 300 for them at 5%. I spent 70 for the 2 doors at 35%. But I just got pulled over and got a ticket for them and had to take them off.

Yea that's a rip. I paid 180 for 20% all around

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
$250-$300 is the normal lifetime rate for the back three in nova Scotia

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking about getting a p.o. box in Nevada so I can register my car there and get Nevada plates. Then I can do just about anything I want to my car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a p.o. box in Nevada so I can register my car there and get Nevada plates. Then I can do just about anything I want to my car.

Make sure you know what the law about out of state plates are in your state, some states allow you only 30 days than you need to register in that state if you drive there over 30 days the same car :notrust:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is this what you mean by shaved windows?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Make sure you know what the law about out of state plates are in your state, some states allow you only 30 days than you need to register in that state if you drive there over 30 days the same car :notrust:
I never thought about that.

That's the exact car I was talking about. There's another one I saw, I think they painted it orange and some other color.... that white one with the shaved trunk would be easy to do, wouldn't you just have to put the 4 Dr trunk on it and put back up lights where you wanted

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not a fan if the lifeless back end. But I do like the window idea.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.