Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed when it gets really hot in my car, the shift knob that's in there now wiggles around and actually comes off of the stick. I was thinking about getting a new knob. When i take the one off i have now, there are no threads to hold it onto the stick. The shift boot does have threads to go onto the knob, but not the stick itself. So i wanted to buy a nice knob and these are what i found. They all say universal, but i want something that is going to stay put when i'm shifting. It is very annoying now. Can anyone tell me what kind i need to get, or if these ones will fit?

Sparco has some good looking ones, but kinda expensive..
03736AO Sparco Settanta Shift Knob (Black) for 05-up Chevrolet Cobalt at Andy's Auto Sport

Spec-D. Seems kinda cheap, but i like the looks.
SK-600RS-SD Spec D Manual Shift Knob With Red Stitch for 05-up Chevrolet Cobalt at Andy's Auto Sport

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
that spec-d shift knob my cousin has it on his scion tC and that thing is ugly as hell! and flimsy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so sounds like i should just install a short throw. looks easy to install. not a bad price either. gotta wait a couple more weeks though. i'll keep driving with a loose knob...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.