Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have a question and I don't mean to jack this thread but if you buy a shift knob, universal or what not, will the boot still stay up? Bc isn't the shift knob what holds the boot up? Sorry if this is retarded sounding haha

·
Registered
212 Posts
yes it will fit

I have a question and I don't mean to jack this thread but if you buy a shift knob, universal or what not, will the boot still stay up? Bc isn't the shift knob what holds the boot up? Sorry if this is retarded sounding haha
well not really a stupid question actually. what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
yes it will fit

well not really a stupid question actually. what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)
Yea bud if you could do that it would be great.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)
I did the same thing, except i wrapped the electrical tape, put a little testor's model cement on it and worked the boot back and forth while pulling up. It's been on there for a couple of months, and is still like it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.