Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 07 5 speed cobalt and when i shift into second gear it pops out and wont stay in gear any idea what the issue is? my clutch does need to be replaced
but im wondering if its my transmmision that needs replaced ? or what

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok i have a 07 5 speed cobalt and when i shift into second gear it pops out and wont stay in gear any idea what the issue is? my clutch does need to be replaced
but im wondering if its my transmmision that needs replaced ? or what
Any grinding noise when you try to put it in gear?

Is it difficult to put into second gear?

Does it feel like it JUST barely goes into second?

I recently took my shifter assembly apart to do a shift boot delete mod (shameless self promotion http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/members/34602-unklerara-albums-shift-boot-delete.html)

I had to take out the whole gear shifter to get rid of the plastic housing for the reverse lockout. One of the times I put it back together, I didn't set the cable clip in the right position, and second gear would hardly catch. Just had to adjust the clip and it fixed the issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any grinding noise when you try to put it in gear?

Is it difficult to put into second gear?

Does it feel like it JUST barely goes into second?

I recently took my shifter assembly apart to do a shift boot delete mod (shameless self promotion http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/members/34602-unklerara-albums-shift-boot-delete.html)

I had to take out the whole gear shifter to get rid of the plastic housing for the reverse lockout. One of the times I put it back together, I didn't set the cable clip in the right position, and second gear would hardly catch. Just had to adjust the clip and it fixed the issue.
it grinds the gear and pops out no matter what i do im thinking its the tranny messed up needs repalced and with the clutch being burnt doesnt help out any at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.