Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking about putting some plastic tubing on the shift stick...small enough that the plastic of the boot can fit over it

·
Registered
985 Posts
Doesn't it roll down a bit eough so that you can use a zip tie to hold the folded over part? I have a redline goods shift boot but yet to install.
Thats true for on the top by the shift knob, I think they mean at the bottom.

To fix mine, I supper glued a strip of 8g wire around the bottom. Did about 3 layers of supper glue/contact cement, hasn't been an issue since then, but took a good amount of pushing to get back in place over the wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how exactly did you put the wire on? and did you push the plastic top of the boot over the wire?

·
Registered
985 Posts
The oem piece is the plastic surround that the shifter boot is stapled to. No cardboard
I glued it to this plasic piece just below the lip that catches. I had my plastic piece break on one side so this keeps the original shape and gives enough resistance to keep it held down to the center console securely with no wiggle room.

Id take pictures but i fear if i Pull it out that the glue and wire will snap off since its in there really tightly. Lookin back, just standard 16g speaker wire would also do the trick and leave more room for play

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.