Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to get some ice cream the other night around 11:00 P.M. A little foggy, but not really in the soup.

WHAM!

I clip a shopping cart placed right over the lane divider line. Now I have a small dent in my left front fender, and a broken plastic grill on the lower bumper cover/spoiler.

Someone must have thought it was real funny. Shopping carts don't put themselves in the street like that.

The estimate was a little more than I had hoped it would be, so I wonder if and where I could perhaps find the parts myself. The fender is part #15793419. The plastic grill is part #15246805. A reconditioned front bumper is part #19120182 or GM41000735R. Is there a way I can check around for prices with those part numbers?

:suspicious:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
First of all, welcome. Sorry to hear about the accident. People have no respect these days...

How much was the estimate? My guess is you wouldn't come out ahead by replacing parts as opposed to repairing existing. Then again, I'm not a body guy. If you're looking to price out parts, gmpartsdirect, gmpartshouse, and rockauto are good places to search. You'd still need a shop to paint, but you could install those parts yourself without too much trouble.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
How bad is the dent in the fender? You might be able to just pop it out if the metal isn't creased. As far as the grill is concerned, those should be pretty cheap from any of the places mentioned above. And why do you need a new bumper?

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
I was driving to get some ice cream the other night around 11:00 P.M. A little foggy, but not really in the soup.

WHAM!

I clip a shopping cart placed right over the lane divider line. Now I have a small dent in my left front fender, and a broken plastic grill on the lower bumper cover/spoiler.

Someone must have thought it was real funny. Shopping carts don't put themselves in the street like that.

The estimate was a little more than I had hoped it would be, so I wonder if and where I could perhaps find the parts myself. The fender is part #15793419. The plastic grill is part #15246805. A reconditioned front bumper is part #19120182 or GM41000735R. Is there a way I can check around for prices with those part numbers?

:suspicious:
try calling your local scrap yards that have totaled cars and see if they have the parts you need. as for the fenders, you could probably fix it yourself depending on the significance of the damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.