Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they make a short throw shifter for non ss models? all i can find are for the ss cobalt? i currently have a base model 05 with no mods warrenty just ran out and i am ready to mod.

·
Registered
130 Posts
check on neverenoughauto.com, they might have one

·
Registered
883 Posts
do they make a short throw shifter for non ss models? all i can find are for the ss cobalt? i currently have a base model 05 with no mods warrenty just ran out and i am ready to mod.
Hi cncd11,

TWM Performance makes a short shifter for the non Cobalt SS/SC that reduces the throw by 38% and shift knob height by 2" inches. You can check it out here: TWM Cobalt short shifter.

Thanks,
Kevin
TWM

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
dude how did it turn out i mean is it a lagit part for that price i been wanting to get one but i thought it was just basically a scam compared to the market price of other short shifters

·
Registered
257 Posts
the TWM shifter is bad ass man you'll love it and wont regret it. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea thast what i hear but some people were like this ebay one is pretty much the same thing which is kind of questionable considering the very cheap price

·
Registered
41 Posts
its a good question i mean im going to order the one from ebay and just see how it goes i mean it its 30 bucks and dont work o well ill just put my stock one back on

·
Registered
41 Posts
hm im not sure my gues would be yes most likely...depending on what year that is if was the years with the 2.2 ecotects than very possible

·
Registered
23 Posts
its not hard at all.....took me a couple hours cause i got it all back together and found out i didnt have the connections all the way tight so it wouldnt go in reverse....so i had to take it all apart and fix it...but its simple to install

MDcobalt2.2 added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

http://www.twmperformance.com/manuals/Cobalt-Pursuit 2005 - up Installation Manual.pdf ....use that as a guide....but dont do the step that says cut...u dont need to do that with the ebay shifter

·
Registered
41 Posts
sweet dont look to bad...does the ebay shifter come with the replacement bushings and all that crap?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ha yea man no lie huh

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.