Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new shorty antenna - it looks good but it does not screw in nice and tight. I have tried all the supplied adaptors but no luck. One adaptor manages to let me screw it on but it is not screwing down nice and tight, instead it lets me just barely get one turn and thats it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Haha weird, I have a ford focus antenna on mine and it fit. You sure its meant for the cobalt?

·
Registered
15 Posts
" instead it lets me just barely get one turn and thats it."

That seems like a metric and unified problem.
The thread pitch is real close in some, but they will not "work" with each other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also tried the antenna kits and had the same thread problem as you. I solved this problem very easily: I hack sawed about half of the original antenna off and spray painted it with some glossy black Rustolium. It looks great and it was cheap and easy to do.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I also tried the antenna kits and had the same thread problem as you. I solved this problem very easily: I hack sawed about half of the original antenna off and spray painted it with some glossy black Rustolium. It looks great and it was cheap and easy to do.
i think thats exactly what you posted in the other thread lol. but yeah there could be just a problem with the thread in the housing of the car, not the antennas themselves. in that case i dont know what to tell you sorry.

·
Registered
318 Posts
what year is the car? I think I read somewhere that one year of Cobalt had a different thread. I think it was '07

·
Registered
142 Posts
07's have a screwy pitch to the threads I think it's like a 6mm or something stupid. I tried 2 different types from local auto stores and ordered one online and it didn't fit either. Ended up throwing it on my EX-girlfriends Grand-Am.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have an 06 and mine was the same way, and we had to buy a new base b/c the one we put on broke... first we couldn't find a tap that fit, but we just bought another shorty that fit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.