Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I heard something that with some models of cobalt there is a bracket of some sort holding it down in the trunk. If someone can clarify.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah there is a "bracket" but it doesn't really do much. There are two nubs on the antenna base, which semi fit into holes on this "bracket". The antenna itself just pops right out of it with ease.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea but I meant I thought some people had the antenna hard wired into their cars. Idk maybe i dreamed it haha.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
it just screws off.
Guys like he said it just screws off.

LMAO, you guys are turning a 10 second job into a nightmare. Guys serousley, about a 1/2 inch up from the rear quarterpanel where the antenna base meets the metal and paint is the actual bottom of the antenna rod, it is hex shaped, put a wrench on it and turn it counter clockwise, the base stays on the car you walk away with the antenna.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
LMAO, turn a 10 second job into a nightmare. Guys serousley, about a 1/2 inch up from the rear quarterpanel where the antenna base meets the metal and paint is the actual bottom of the antenna rod, it is hex shaped, put a wrench on it and turn it counter clockwise, the base stays on the car you walk away with the antenna.
What do you think i was talking about? I said it just unscrews. it is a 10 second job. but some are corroided so your ****ed if they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.