Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a 2006 Chev Cobalt LS 39k kilometers 4 door (standard transmission) for $5700 big smackers.

Ok im trying to save on gas and increase my MPG as much as possible. Ive thought about getting a Magna-Flow muffler from Canadian Tire which is around $50 smackers if im not mistaken.

Would you reccomend this or has anyone tried it? results?

this is what it looks like

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a friend of mine that put a magnaflow on is lt and it sounded perfect! loud when ou accelerate but quiet on the highway

·
Registered
61 Posts
If all your going to do is throw on a muffler without anything else you are not going to save that much in MPG, it will probably not be that noticeable. It will help a little but how much just depends on the factors. Just like your mpg can vary from fill up to fill up so too can the affects of a muffler differ from day to day. It has a lot to do with your driving habits. If your looking for real MPG gains your best bet is a full catback system, improved driving habbits, and a CAI. As for the sound I Had a flomaster on my cavalier (same motor) and it sounded good I am sure the magna flow would sound good too.

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
Magnaflow makes a nice muffler.

I'd suggest the entire catback, to replace the tiny stock piping.

Catback, header, downpipe and a drop-in filter (or SRI), and tune will be the best set of parts for better gas mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.