Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2.2 used Injen CAI for $100.

I have a stock 2.2 5 speed LS. Is it a good deal? Since my car is stock is this is a stupid idea, or what should be on my list next if I get the intake?

·
Registered
278 Posts
My typhoon i put on last week is making my car idle rougher. Its been around 100 miles, about 50 city and 50 highway. It only has 20k. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
My typhoon i put on last week is making my car idle rougher. Its been around 100 miles, about 50 city and 50 highway. It only has 20k. Any suggestions?
Clean the MAF.

Double check the clamps as well.

Use a socket to run them down (probably an 8mm~), instead of a screwdriver.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lulz...racecar. You mean enjoy my hoopty that sounds nice.

My car is so f-ed up! Searching everywhere for an orange bumper with fog lights, do you know how difficult my life is right now xD

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hasnt thrown any codes yet. Thank god. Can i clean the maf with brake cleaner?
No.

Do NOT use brake clean to clean ANY electrical part.

MAF cleaner only.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure if I want to try and install this myself or wait until I can have supervision... I have only taken part of my intake off before.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'll grab the instructions and scope out everything I will need to take out. It's already nearly 5 anyway.

Not many install guides online though :/downloaded the injen manual but it says take the whole front bumper off and that sounds kinda like a bitch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hose in the picture is for an ss I believe thats why its different....as for it saying to take the bumper off well it can be done without taking it off but it was a pita. But the headlight definitly has to come out...basically you first have to take stock airbox out then under the headlight there is the resonator that has to come out as well. That all has to come out for the cold air version. If you just use the short ram version rtechnically only the airbox part comes out but it would work better if you took the resonator out too. Long story short if you want it to be easy and go on flawless take the bumper off. If you want a challenge like I did, which I regret, try to do it without the bumper off. Hoped that helped :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Look up in the DIY for the air box mod and you will learn to take out the resonator from the wheel well , or however you want , and then you can easily install your new intake while your down there ! Very very easy ! Just need to have a few hours of free time. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.