Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope people read the entire post before posting. I'm debating on having it done since my car has had 85,000 trouble free miles:) Many online have had it fail again after having it replaced, then have to pay out of pocket for the next replacement! From what I have read, since it is a safety recall it won't expire. So my question is, wait for it to fail then have it fixed? Or have it replaced then have the next one fail in the first 30K then pay for it myself? Please chime in.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine went out on me. It was tough to steer, but not impossible. Fortunately I was on a side street at 45mph. Dont know how awesome it would be at 70mph on a turn on the highway, but it is manageable. Just no power assist. For the safety of you and your family, wouldnt hurt to have it replaced. Better on your time and convenience, rather than when you least expect it.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
It's absolutely up to you, blaster2005. If you want for us to help get you in at your convenience, we're happy to set up an appointment when you're ready.

Sarah (Assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.