Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a few questions here,

So as a few of you all know the ninja was flooded in april while I was on RnR from Afghanistan. Now the dealership replaced almost everything in the ninja. I they replaces the tranny and engine with a new one that has 14K on it along with all the wireing and etc... Now I was talking to the other half yesterday and she thinks I should get rid of the balt due to plroblems that may arise later on due to the flooding. Now I love my ninja, don't get me wrong, but would it be worth keeping ever after all the repairs and such??

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
with flood damage on a carfax (check it!) you're going to have a very hard time selling. just keep that in mind. cobalts are a dime a dozen and unless yours has something rare and unseen in it, it just wont move for a price that is probably worth even selling for.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, and that is the delima I am sitting at. I know that it lost everything it was worth, but I want to keep it and work on it...the better half says to get rid of it. I mean now that it's been flooded, I should be able to do whatever I want to it lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
with flood damage on a carfax (check it!) you're going to have a very hard time selling. just keep that in mind. cobalts are a dime a dozen and unless yours has something rare and unseen in it, it just wont move for a price that is probably worth even selling for.
It does have something rare! Flood damage!!:laugh::nuts::blink::notrust: Sorry, had to throw that in there. I'd get a different one tbh.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine has nothing rare lol, just a Sport is it. I wish I could get another one, but I still owe 12K on it...FML... So i guess I will be stuck with it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yea I was going to say I bet you wouldn't get 8 for it with flood damage. ~10 if carfax didn't report it and you omit that detail while selling. :)

I say ride out the loan and TC it! its a new engine and tranny so I wouldn't stress future problems in it too much.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
just keep it and fix it up.. if you run into any problems its easy to find wrecked cobalts in junk yards, and parts on ebay are only getting cheaper.. i think you will be better off in the long run doing that.. hate to hear it went swimming though. i would cry if it happened to me.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
I'd say keep it - it'll be extremely hard to sell

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I was going to say I bet you wouldn't get 8 for it with flood damage. ~10 if carfax didn't report it and you omit that detail while selling. :)

I say ride out the loan and TC it! its a new engine and tranny so I wouldn't stress future problems in it too much.
That is the final plan I have for her, I love this car way to much to just get rid if it

just keep it and fix it up.. if you run into any problems its easy to find wrecked cobalts in junk yards, and parts on ebay are only getting cheaper.. i think you will be better off in the long run doing that.. hate to hear it went swimming though. i would cry if it happened to me.
I did, I cried like a lil girl when she went swimming. I will have to look in the junkyards n see what I can find. I haven't been parts hunting in a long while

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well i say keep it, you're not going to get shit for it regardless. in the end it'll be better and cheaper to get it then to lose all of the money on it for selling it next to nothing and taking out a loan to have another car which will most likely be more expensive.

or just take it to Afghanistan and turn it into a dune buggy.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i say keep it, you're not going to get shit for it regardless. in the end it'll be better and cheaper to get it then to lose all of the money on it for selling it next to nothing and taking out a loan to have another car which will most likely be more expensive.

or just take it to Afghanistan and turn it into a dune buggy.

I never thought of taking it to AFG, get a twin charge on it and some good 1/4in plate armor. I would have one heck of a road runner! your right though, I know I won't get nothing out of it and I still owe 12K :(

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If Corlew worked on it, get rid of it ASAP, heard nothing but issues about them and have had them mess up my ride. Make sure youget all the paperwork on what they did and all the old parts to verify that they did do the work, if you can.
They tried to get me for $300 when the rear driver door got stuck in the locked position. Waited til I got home from deployment to look at it, took it to Walmart for an oil change and the moron at Walmart fixed it. Free, dont know how though, think they were trying to screw me and the wife out of money. Had a friend who wife works there and have heard stories. And they send out all their cars to Nashville for any body kit and spoiler and tint installs, so if their body shop cannot do those things what about their mechanics??

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Corlew worked on it, get rid of it ASAP, heard nothing but issues about them and have had them mess up my ride. Make sure youget all the paperwork on what they did and all the old parts to verify that they did do the work, if you can.
They tried to get me for $300 when the rear driver door got stuck in the locked position. Waited til I got home from deployment to look at it, took it to Walmart for an oil change and the moron at Walmart fixed it. Free, dont know how though, think they were trying to screw me and the wife out of money. Had a friend who wife works there and have heard stories. And they send out all their cars to Nashville for any body kit and spoiler and tint installs, so if their body shop cannot do those things what about their mechanics??
true true, I had wyatt-johnson look at it and do the repairs n all. I will see what I can do to get the paperwork for what all was done to it. I knew there was something up with james corley and that does say something, if the body shop has to send out for that kinda work to be done.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If Wyatt did the work it should be fixed right. Still dont know about keeping a car after a flood. Too many bad stories about flood cars. But do what you think is in your best interests.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Mine flooded while I was in California with the Army...not anything too bad though...I kept mine...but like I said mine wasn't too bad...just got to my airbag sensors under the seats...I unplugged them and let them dry...But I would milk insurance for everything it's worth because the car is worth $0 in other peoples eyes....

·
Registered
439 Posts
if it was paid off thats a different story. if you are fine paying the loan back and letting the car go cheap. try it out. with 12k owed i would keep it though

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mine flooded while I was in California with the Army...not anything too bad though...I kept mine...but like I said mine wasn't too bad...just got to my airbag sensors under the seats...I unplugged them and let them dry...But I would milk insurance for everything it's worth because the car is worth $0 in other peoples eyes....
I haven't had a chance to look at it hey, but form what lizzi and my grandpa have said it runs and looks fine to them. If anything messes up with the balt, I will have the insurance company fix it

if it was paid off thats a different story. if you are fine paying the loan back and letting the car go cheap. try it out. with 12k owed i would keep it though
I thought they were going to total it out when they first got the car, but it ended up beiong around 3.5 to 4.2 K work of work done to it. I think keeping it and just stick with my plan of mods to put on her and it should be ok.....I hope lol

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
true, once after I get don paying for this uber wedding that lizzi wants...I'll be able to start working on moding it again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.