Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing a 2.4l intake manifold, 2.4l TB, CAI, headers and downpipe on my 2.2l. Should I tune first or should I have the tune on hand ready to install after installing the parts?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Have the tune ready to go right after installing the parts. The car will be undrivble without a tune and the 2.4 TB. All other parts you listed will be fine to drive on the stock tune though.

BTW its a header you only have one..

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have the tune ready to go right after installing the parts. The car will be undrivble without a tune and the 2.4 TB. All other parts you listed will be fine to drive on the stock tune though.

BTW its a header you only have one..
Thanks, I know there is only one, typo. lol

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
lol no worries man, Its just a pet peave of mine. So your installing these all at once?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol no worries man, Its just a pet peave of mine. So your installing these all at once?
My plan is to install CAI, 2.4l intake manifold, and 2.4l throttle body, then do the tune all on the same day if possible. Then after that the header and the downpipe after wards. Is it hard to change the throttle body and intake manifold?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
My plan is to install CAI, 2.4l intake manifold, and 2.4l throttle body, then do the tune all on the same day if possible. Then after that the header and the downpipe after wards. Is it hard to change the throttle body and intake manifold?
You really should do the header and DP first, then do the other stuff last. The tune is the VERY last thing you want to do..

For me, I already had an aftermarket intake (but you still have to take it off) But it took me about an hour to swap the TB and manifold.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You really should do the header and DP first, then do the other stuff last. The tune is the VERY last thing you want to do..

For me, I already had an aftermarket intake (but you still have to take it off) But it took me about an hour to swap the TB and manifold.
Thanks for the info, that's what I will do then. I am looking into getting the racing solutions header downpipe combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.