Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debadge and Detrim my g5? I know how to do it correctly and do a good job.. but I have a little issue.. called.. hard to spot body damage because of trim lol

Here are some pics of the car as of today .. will post some after the removal of the gay emblems and trim :)
If I do.. plus ill post pics of my windows after this week also.. they will be illegal :) 120 bucks to get it all tinted and done correctly .. going to be sweet

pics:

I will have to leave the black trim on the doors.. paint is cracked under the trim from me slamming the door into a honda civic :laugh: (accident-Wind)

Love the color, correct me if I am wrong but I think its a one year only color .. 2009 g5. seems to be a different silver form the rest

Another thing I like, interior trim has a nice carbon fiber look..

This isn't a showoff thread or anything.. just a thread asking about if I should remove all the trim and im going to post pictures up as I move along on the car this week.. got the g5 new.. has 18k miles right now.. :love: Car has a story and is worth a lot to me.. its been there.. done that.. auto though :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would I be able to put it all back on if I were to sell the car or something? Just put new two sided tape on everything..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet.. it will probably be the victim of a heat gun tomorrow then haha but hey its not just for looks either its weight reduction! that arrowhead on my trunk looks like it weighs 10 pounds!

·
Registered
931 Posts
lol. You dont need a heat gun and if you do be careful of the heat. Just use a normal hair dryer. The residue will come right off just using your fingertips as well. Have patience as well.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. You dont need a heat gun and if you do be careful of the heat. Just use a normal hair dryer. The residue will come right off just using your fingertips as well. Have patience as well.
Yea shell be on low and ill make one or two passes of heat.. just enough to get the adhesive warm.. Don't want to have a melt down of plastic though! haha

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was joking lol but yea fishing line will be used.. anybody know how I can black the red out on the arrowhead on the bumper?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About to get started! will post pictures

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Looks a 100 times better!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^wow, looking good man! Get those windows tinted and snap more shots!! I have 35% tint on all my side windows and 20% on the rear window. The 35% in the front windows is illegal also but I haven't been stopped yet and neither have any of the guys at the body shop who did my tints, they have the same tints. As long as you don't go TOO dark you should be fine. I would have liked 20% all around but it's really almost too dark that way.

As long as the cops can see you through the window on a bright day should be alright. Roll with windows down in the summer too.

Next mod after tints should be rims and lowering :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
I was joking lol but yea fishing line will be used.. anybody know how I can black the red out on the arrowhead on the bumper?
Painters tape to mask off what you dont want painted on the emblem. Also a few coats with a paint marker instead of spray paint actually works wonders for small areas..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everybody.. the car LOOKS GREAT in person and.. YES.. springs and wheels are next after I get my windows tinted this Thursday! then after the warranty goes out ill throw on an Eaton from an ss.. will post pics up of the car after tint on this thread .. stay tuned!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Thanks everybody.. the car LOOKS GREAT in person and.. YES.. springs and wheels are next after I get my windows tinted this Thursday! then after the warranty goes out ill throw on an Eaton from an ss.. will post pics up of the car after tint on this thread .. stay tuned!
that's cool man, make a new thread for tint pics :D

Oh, and BOOST > WARRANTY :D

take a look at ZZPerformance's 2.2/2.4L turbo kit :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.