41 - 60 of 1758 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
TL's Ride

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
hey TL...do you have a cloes up shot of your rims ?...please pm me with the pic thanx

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
so what if i get negativity about a fin that does generate lots of downforce, this is how many comments i am getting:

yeah.. im with him ^^ please get rid of that spoiler.. it just looks hideous. im sorry for my negitivity..
Cobaltcrazy, burn that wing.
+1 on the wing. Makes it look like a full blown ricer man. I'm not tryin to be rude or funny but I dont think it gets much positive feedback.
i do not know if you are + or - cobaltinator, lol

lol i'm glad you said something first. It's a shopping cart. looks like you can grab it and push it around.
I completely agree about the wing, and the stick on hood scoops that are in the second picture, if you haven't done that already.
Shopping cart... That's funny.
Sorry dude, but it looks like you stuck a park bench on your trunk.

Rice rice baby...
Abso-durka-lutely
i would like to see ya all try going the way i am, i get nothing but positive feedback from all the young people who see it here, and it is meant to turn heads(nix any comments added about making salad with the wing)............i bought it cause i liked it, and it is not as "rice" as some of the atrocious wings on the market.........and it does alot for downforce, my friend has a mustang, and the SAME wing, and he notices alot more force than factory

·
Registered
192 Posts
im not dogging the wing, its whatever you like. but do you honestly go fast enough to need the downforce? you wont really notice the downforce until you reach speeds above 100 MPH. i certainly hope you dont drive at those speeds. what would you really NEED the downforce for?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
im not dogging the wing, its whatever you like. but do you honestly go fast enough to need the downforce? you wont really notice the downforce until you reach speeds above 100 MPH. i certainly hope you dont drive at those speeds. what would you really NEED the downforce for?
i will tack you there, it does work at less speed, i do hwy speed(100kmh/60mph), and i notice alot less jump out of the back of the car, it goes where the front goes, and it's nice to know the rear is almost glued to the road(lightest part of the car, and has no read axle to wiegh it down)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dude Cobaltcrazy im 16 and i think the wing looks sick man.Right on. Where did u get ur antena?

·
Registered
192 Posts
well i guess i wouldnt know unless i was in the car. just inquiring. not trying to be a dick :cool:

here's my beast

blkbalt06 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

the car in the background on the second pic is my old cobalt that my dad has now.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
well i guess i wouldnt know unless i was in the car. just inquiring. not trying to be a dick :cool:
it's ok blkbalt, i am not offended, i just get slightly agitated when people say things like they do, and yet they havent seen it in use, or used it themselves.......they dont have to live with it, i do, and i like it.......end of debate.

Dude Cobaltcrazy im 16 and i think the wing looks sick man.Right on. Where did u get ur antena?
+1, nice.....i just bought it at my local shop(canadian tire here, you can get them at napa, autozone, or pepboys i believe) very cheap, i suggest finding one that will FIT on the cobalt, mine is a universal that i had to drill out and re-tap to fit, an hours worth of work, but it was required, i couldnt use the factory antenna with the wing

·
Registered
230 Posts
i would like to see ya all try going the way i am, i get nothing but positive feedback from all the young people who see it here, and it is meant to turn heads(nix any comments added about making salad with the wing)............i bought it cause i liked it, and it is not as "rice" as some of the atrocious wings on the market.........and it does alot for downforce, my friend has a mustang, and the SAME wing, and he notices alot more force than factory
LOL, rear downforce on a front wheel drive car...I don't think you understand that even if it does create downforce it will cause the back of the car to squat, thus raising the angle of the front and catching more air and directing it under the chassis. Also, that's just going to create drag and lug the motor more when you're driving straight. Do you know that wind resistance grows exponentially as your speed increases? This wing will make the car accelerate slower the faster you are going and make it harder to maintain speed. How often are you cranking the wheel around hard at freeway speeds anyways? And why don't you have front splitters to make some front end downforce also?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
LOL, rear downforce on a front wheel drive car...I don't think you understand that even if it does create downforce it will cause the back of the car to squat, thus raising the angle of the front and catching more air and directing it under the chassis. Also, that's just going to create drag and lug the motor more when you're driving straight. Do you know that wind resistance grows exponentially as your speed increases? This wing will make the car accelerate slower the faster you are going and make it harder to maintain speed. How often are you cranking the wheel around hard at freeway speeds anyways? And why don't you have front splitters to make some front end downforce also?
front splitters are already on order, and FTR: the car accellerates no diferently than it did, the only difference is the rear doesnt hop as much as it did.........

·
Registered
230 Posts
front splitters are already on order, and FTR: the car accellerates no diferently than it did, the only difference is the rear doesnt hop as much as it did.........
I don't think you understand...a wing that creates downforce will also create drag. Drag will slow the car down, downforce is drag that will also press it to the ground. Even a wing like the stock SS/SC wing will cause drag whether or not it makes downforce. Also, when was the rear of the car hopping? I have heard of the front end hopping bad on SS/SC models, even LS Balts do it on hard 1st gear starts. My back end only slides when I charge a corner and stab the brakes while cranking the wheel hard.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't think you understand...a wing that creates downforce will also create drag. Drag will slow the car down, downforce is drag that will also press it to the ground. Even a wing like the stock SS/SC wing will cause drag whether or not it makes downforce. Also, when was the rear of the car hopping? I have heard of the front end hopping bad on SS/SC models, even LS Balts do it on hard 1st gear starts. My back end only slides when I charge a corner and stab the brakes while cranking the wheel hard.
you have obviously never driven our roads up here, our roads are just awful, little bumps everywhere, and ruts too!!!!! nasty as hell!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i bet the roads in ohio can compare. may not have as much snow as canada, but the repairs dont get done here, so most of our roads are shit. the back end of my LS never jumped around. if yours does then something is obviously wrong. the back end is fine in a cobalt. it doesnt need downforce. im sorry, there really is no justification for it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I knew I read a good article from SCC when I used to buy it...

About body kits and exterior modification:

"Skip the crazy wings, spoilers, and bumpers. Despite the marketing hype, the ultra-high cost of wind-tunnel time practically guarantees that few, if and, of the "aero" parts on the market have actually been aerodynamically tested. Instead, look for stock replacement fenders, hoods, and bumpers made of lighter-weight materials, such as fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) and carbon fiber."

That magazine is actually pretty good, they don't have much on American compact cars like, Solstice, Cobalt, G5, Focus, etc, and too much on cars that aren't sport compacts like Supras and Skylines, so I stopped buying it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
so what if i get negativity about a fin that does generate lots of downforce, this is how many comments i am getting:

i do not know if you are + or - cobaltinator, lol

Buddy it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters. So I say +1 to you for doing what you like and not caring what everyone else says, it'd be nice if more people were like you and less were like sheep.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^ thank you. I was just giving my honset opinion,. And yes it is your car and you make the payments. Do to it as you will. Everyone has there own likes and dislikes and if thatsa what you like than more power to ya!!!

41 - 60 of 1758 Posts