Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, i have a 2010 cobalt ls, and it has these like trim parts in the middle of the doors and go about a foot past the door towards the rear, how are those attached? are they easy to remove or are they bolted on? i would like to get them off my car, if anyone has a black cobalt and removed them please post pics so i can see if i want to remove mine or not.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
This might be the number one mod on this site. They are glued on and easily removed with the body cleaned up using goo be gone or goof off. Most suggest that you use a heat gun on low or a hair dryer to heat it up making the glue separate easily. Type molding into the search, and you will find threads on the subject. I have not done mine yet...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I found that put rubbing alcohol along the top edge with eye dropper and let it sit a few mins and soften the glue better then a heat gun.
Then pull them off.
I did other cars that way and sometimes the glue don't even stay on the door.
It might come clean right away.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did it myself last summer, took maybe 30 minutes to do. I sprayed some goo-gone on the molding and then took some thick fishing wire and flossed it off... then i used a paper towel and some more goo-gone to clean up the finish a little. You can't even tell the car molding at all now.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I found that put rubbing alcohol along the top edge with eye dropper and let it sit a few mins and soften the glue better then a heat gun.
Then pull them off.
I did other cars that way and sometimes the glue don't even stay on the door.
It might come clean right away.
One thing about this... There is a stronger rubbing alcohol that you can get at walmart in a round bottle. It's well over 90% pure. DO NOT use it on your car. It will eat your clearcoat!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.